U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, March 17th, 2021 3:23 PM

Closed

Unable to pair Comcast Xfinity XR15 remote with Samsung UN55RU800DFXZA UHD 4K LCD TV

I’ve browsed the forum and seen a number of posts discussion difficulties pairing the Comcast XR15 remote with Samsung TVs, but seen nothing with a clear solution that works for me.

I’m a new Comcast customer with three Samsung TVs installed.  I used Comcast Xfinity online instructions to successfully pair all three XR15 remotes with the cable boxes, but have successfully paired the XR15 remotes only with 2 of my three Samsung TVs.  I’ve gone through the on-screen Comcast remote pairing process multiple times for the third TV, but none of the Samsung TV codes seem to work.  I’ve even searched online forums to identify other potential Samsung codes to use without success.  After entering any of the codes the XR15 remote cannot turn TV power on/off or volume up/down using the setup codes.  I’ve also completely reset the remote a few times and gone back to the beginning of the setup process without success.

The TV that does not pair with the remote is my newest one. (Bought in 2019) and is paired with my primary Comcast cable box / DVR - model XG1v4-A.  I’ve read in multiple forum posts that Samsung TV / remotes have some difficulty with the XG1v4-A box, but no obvious connection to the difficulties I’m experiencing.  I’ve confirmed the TV is running the latest Samsung TV firmware.

I’ve talked to Comcast Tech support multiple times without success.  They even graciously sent me a new XR15 remote to see if that might be the problem, but that wasn’t it. I've searched Samsung tech support forums looking for answers, but without success.

I’m out of ideas.  Comcast is out of ideas.  Can anybody else help?

Official Employee

• 

923 Messages

3 years ago

Hi, @. To confirm, have you tried unpairing and repairing the remote? In case it's paired but not working, going through the process to remove the connection between the remote and the TV?

Have you tried the new remote on a different TV to see if it's just a connection issue with either that box, or that specific TV? 

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

3 years ago

Do a search for Xfinity Remote Codes.  Then pick the Xfinity one that shows you the pictures of your remotes.  Pick your style and select tv, then Samsung on the drop down.   It tells you how to manually program them and suggests a code.   But most of the time my code is about the 17th of the 20 listed.  Just pick them one by one and try the tv power button on the xfinity remote to turn it off or on.  They have an auto program option which does work, but not always. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here