Friday, November 12th, 2021 4:41 PM

Closed

Two remote controls for one box/tv

Can you have 2 remotes for one xfinity box

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

3 years ago

Greetings, @user_fba1e2! I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum about your X1 box. In answer to your question, yes, you can have as many remotes paired to the same X1 box as you need or like. I actually have three remotes paired to my living room box right now, one for my wife, one for myself, and one for the coffee table, just in case. You can pick up an extra remote by visiting the Xfinity Store in your area, or you can order one online by logging in to your account profile at https://comca.st/3F9Xdfu.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Love these responses. In essence, can you pair multiple remotes? … response: “yes you can”. I’m now on my third thread to read how, not just “yes you can.” 🙄

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hey, @EddieSpaghetti! Thanks for your comment. Here is a link that will help with the Xfinity Remote Pairing. Let me know if this helps. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Any suggestion why the second remote can only do volume and power?  

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @krvball, thank you for reaching out for help with your remote. Due to the age of the thread, if you are having trouble with your equipment please create a new thread with as much information as possible and we will be glad to help. 

Including things like a description of the problem and troubleshooting steps you have already tried will help us and the community better assist. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

YES you can! But my response must have at least 20 characters so "yes" and "no" don't work!

Contributor

• 

36 Messages

3 years ago

I have an XG1 Dvr AX013AN and it will let me pair 2 remotes to it but every day the second one will become unpaired. The first remote is a XR15 and the second is an older XR11 which we like better because all the buttons are backlit. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here