mikeray's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, December 10th, 2020 4:00 PM

Closed

TV picture too dark

When a TV set is its on own setting, the picture looks great.  After TV input is switched to HDMI that is connected to X1 box, the picture becomes darker, even the brightness setting is highest.  Troubleshooting shows that the setting changed to 1 or 2 or 3, brightness never changes!  There is only 3 levels of brightness.  Is that right?  What's wrong with it? How can I troubleshoot or fix it?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@mikeray wrote:

When a TV set is its on own setting, the picture looks great.  After TV input is switched to HDMI that is connected to X1 box, the picture becomes darker, even the brightness setting is highest.  Troubleshooting shows that the setting changed to 1 or 2 or 3, brightness never changes!  There is only 3 levels of brightness.  Is that right?  What's wrong with it? How can I troubleshoot or fix it?

your TV has separate settings per each device connected to the TV. is the set top box connected directly to the TV? if so, use the TV's remote and make picture adjustments until it meets your need. If you have a 4k TV be sure to use a 4k set top box. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have the same issue and have yet to find an answer. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here