U

Saturday, July 13th, 2024 9:10 PM

Tv is pixelating

Tv keeps pixelating.  We have had 2 techs come out that have not fixed the issue.  I have replaced the modem and it is still pixelating.  Please help

Official Employee

• 

805 Messages

3 months ago

user_6ac3cn Hello, are you still having pixelation issues? I am sorry the issue persist even after two tech visits. I understand how frustrating it is, and I am happy to help you troubleshoot your service. First I will ask a few questions to better understand the root of the problem. We value you as a loyal customer and would like to resolve this issue, so you can enjoy our great service.  To avoid repeating any steps you may have already taken, can you please describe what you have done to resolve your service issue?

3 Messages

I have replaced the modem and the splitter connecting the cable to the modem and the tv box.

Official Employee

• 

805 Messages

Do you still have a splitter, but it's newer? Can you bypass the splitter?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

Since I posted that we had another tech come out and checked everything again and said there is a problem with the main cable and a maintenance ticket has been put in for a second time.  Not sure when they will get it fixed but I wish they would give me a credit because our picture is terrible and no idea when it will get fixed.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_6ac3cn Have you seen any improvement in your picture quality over the past couple of days? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

3 months ago

Terrible pixelating issue on a couple channels only.  It has been going on for weeks and is the worst on the local Fox affiliate (KCPQ) here in the Seattle area on the HD channel and began this morning on the local NBC affiliate (KING) this morning.  I have tried all of the suggested "fixes" and the issue continues.  KCPQ HD is now unwatchable. 

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

3 months ago

For about a month now we have the same issue with our Vizio Smartcast QLED TV.  Not sure if this related to the work/upgrades XFINITY has done in my town? A technician came out on 7/5/24 and changed the splitter, installed new cable lines, tested everything, and then some but we're still having distortion/tiling/flickering/pixilation/interference issues. We even upgraded our DVR box to a 4K DVR (XG1v4) but that didn't help. Another technician is coming out this Thursday, hopefully it'll be resolved. If not, we may try to install a new xFi Gateway modem/router. If that doesn't work then the technician will put in a ticket to possibly repair/replace the cable line from the utility pole to the house. This is so frustrating!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here