U

Sunday, October 6th, 2024 5:03 AM

TV help

Hi, I'm trying to figure out what I need to ask a human to fix in order to restore TV functionality.  Here's the situation:

Because of a divorce situation the xfinity plan and account details were not known until we called on Friday to transfer ownership.  At this time we asked for a reduced plan from 2000 MB/s internet down to 500 MB/s.  We weren't told that any TV service would be downgraded.

Once we actually got into the account to see the billing change, the order showed that the prior service included an X1 Preferred Pro+ TP for $188 (I think this was the bundled TV/internet plan?) and three "TV Box + Remote" for $10/mo each, on top of internet equipment, fees, etc.  The new order shows an X1 TV Box canceled, another X1 TV Box retained for $10/mo, and "Service to additional TV with TV Box" canceled.

From what I understand (I'm a friend helping out the family so I don't fully understand the hardware setup they had), their "main" TV box goes into the living room.  This isn't connected to a TV but apparently must be powered for all the others to work.  There is one TV upstairs, one in the bedroom, and those have had their own TV boxes that I believe are still wired into TV cable inputs.  So right now with the new plan, the TV doesn't work I believe because the "remote" boxes have been canceled.  But what's the best solution for this two TV configuration?  Does the one X1 TV Box support driving a TV itself, as well as being the main point for supporting one remote TV box if we reactivate that?  Or do we need one X1 TV Box plus *two* remote boxes to support two TVs?

No Responses!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here