tgilevich's profile

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, July 13th, 2022 7:20 PM

Closed

TV connection fails daily

For over a year we have had interruptions in service between several minutes to hours.  Have replaced cable box in addition to innumerable "troubleshooting" efforts.  They work, usually for a day and then things get clogged up again.  About a year ago, technician said he'd replaced some of the "filters" in cable connections to home.  Problems continued.  Technician came out last month and could find no issues with the signal at the time but indicated some work is being done in area and our (non-fiber) route was possibly leaving it susceptible to weak signals at times.  He said that there would be some sort of monitoring placed on the signal strength to assess over time.   Have heard nothing since.  Called and spent about 40 minutes two days ago after being referred to the "advanced" customer support line.  It worked for the rest of the day and then out again last night.

Have been a Comcast customer for about 15 years and until the past year, had no issues.  Local store is concerned only about sales and calling simply leads to rote responses for troubleshooting.  Now exploring how to cut what is an expensive and now frustrating cable.

Has anybody been able to communicate directly with anyone able to provide answers?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Problem Solver

• 

617 Messages

2 years ago

Hi @tgilevich

I appreciate you reaching out and letting us know about the ongoing service interruptions you have been experiencing. I appreciate all the details you have already provided, and I'd be happy to review our next steps. Please send me a Direct Message so that I can gather some account details. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the “chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

dear @XfinityLysa​,

I followed the instructions same day and have heard nothing in response.  Xfinity has no problem in billing address and should know my Comcast email but it and phone was provided.  And they wonder why people “cut the cord”?

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

Hello, @tgilevich. We apprecate you for following back up on this. I do see that one of my peers responded to your direct message, and we were awaiting a response. We would love to reconnect with you in that message, so we can see how we can help. Can you please check your direct messages and follow up when you have time, so we can get started? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I followed the instructions same day and have heard nothing in response.  Xfinity has no problem in billing address and should know my Comcast email but it and phone was provided.  And they wonder why people “cut the cord”?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here