U

Sunday, September 3rd, 2023 10:09 AM

Closed

TV Cable Box Setup

I’m receiving the RDK-03013 error code. 
The setup manual says I have to connect a coax cord to the wall port and cable box port, then connect another coax cord from the cable box port to my tv port. The equipment pack only came with one coax port. 
Furthermore, I only have one coax port in my apartment which is currently already being used for the Xfinity Router. 
what’s the alternative or what am I doing wrong. 

note I already tried using an Ethernet cable to connect the cable box to the router. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

1 year ago

@user_1108f5 Good morning! Thank you for reaching out to our Community Forums Team for assistance with getting your box up and running. I'd be happy to assist you today, so you can enjoy your services. You are correct in having a coax go from your box to a wall outlet. From there most of the newer boxes connect to the TV through an HDMI cord. May I ask what model of box you have? 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

26K Messages

1 year ago

... I only have one coax port ... already being used for the Xfinity Router. ... 

If the power levels at the "Xfinity Router" (a gateway, actually) are adequate (to check them, see "Check your signal levels" on https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/your-home-network/connection-troubleshooting-tips/602da777c5375f08cdea3db9), you can use a short length of coax cable to connect a 2 way splitter like https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Coaxial-Splitter-Bidirectional-Communications/dp/B00NE0G23W to the coax port to provide 2 ports, 1 for the gateway, and 1 for the cable box.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

1 Message

9 months ago

do i have use coax cables that  came in the box 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello, @user_1utnfz. Thanks for posting on our community forums. If it came with your self-installation kit, the installation instructions should let you know if the cable is needed. What kind of device are you trying to activate (TV box or Modem)? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here