U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Tue, Jul 13, 2021 9:59 PM

TV audio doesn't come on at start up randomly, requires reboot

About once a week or more, randomly and sporadically, when I start up my Samsung TV using X1, the audio is silent.  Rebooting always fixes the audio issue, but takes a long time.  The problem is not related to my Samsung sound bar because the audio is also silent from the TV speaker.  When the problem occurs it always occurs at TV start up.

Responses

Official Employee

• 

103 Messages

2 m ago

Hello @user_4e3ce6, thanks for reaching out for help on our forums! We're sorry to hear about this audio problem going on when equipment is turned on. Is this the only box you have or are there multiple having this same problem? 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 m ago

We have a second box in the bedroom, but this one is the only one we have had this problem with.  Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

103 Messages

Thanks for that information, @user_4e3ce6! Here are some basic troubleshooting steps to try on your own to resolve this issue: https://comca.st/3B7Mf9h

Please let us know if that helps!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

The troubleshooting steps provided don't address my problem and don't resolve the issue. 

Does anyone else have this issue?

NoNoBadPuppy

Contributor

• 

145 Messages

2 m ago

Have you tried a different HDMI cable?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@NoNoBadPuppy  

Thanks.

No, but the cables being used are those installed by Xfinity.  Also, the problem only occurs sporadically, once or twice a week, and always when we are starting up the TV and Xfinity.  98% of the time everything works fine. 

New to the Community?

Start Here