U

Visitor

• 

21 Messages

Tuesday, June 4th, 2024 8:27 PM

tv and dvr

We are moving to a retirement community which supplies xfinity internet and basic tv.   We hope to be able to add dvr service.  Our problem is that there is no cable outlet where we need to have our tv.  How can we make all this work with wifi only or is it even possible?

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

4 months ago

Hello user_6618cf, congratulations on your move and your new community. It sounds like you're new home has our Bulk services, which is an amazing feature and provides a lot of our awesome content. Depending on the Bulk agreement, it may not be upgradeable, so DVR might not be possible. Are you already moved in and have a new account? 

Visitor

• 

21 Messages

@XfinityMarcos​ We are not moved yet.   I realize I will have to pay for dvr  service myself.   I also need to schedule phone service but nothing can be done until we move.   I was assured by my new community that I could have dvr service if I pay the cost.   I will also have to pay for voip service for my land line phones.  The problem with the phone is that we rely on a caption phone but want our same number.   We don't want the number ported to our new service until we are moved.   Cell phones are hard for us to understand.   And we have looked and decided that we can have our TV where there is a cable outlet.

Thank you for your answer.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

When you are playing to move? Is your current landline with Xfinity or another provider? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

21 Messages

We move July 1 and our landline is currently with Centurylink and we want the same number but not be without the phones until we move.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_6618cf Gotcha! Making this transition smooth is always paramount. Phone numbers on a residential level are specific to the area they operate by not just the area code, but the key step is that next 3 numbers, most folks refer to that as the prefix of the number or NXX. That number has to match the area it is going to in order to transfer to that location. The process is pretty easy, I normally see when residents are moving into retirement communities there is a person or group there on site that helps. Did someone from the location provide a pamphlet with a number of a specific person? I find that is pretty common, we will designate a team to handle those style accounts. Our team here has a very wide skill set and familiar with the processes. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

21 Messages

I don't completely understand how I can connect my phones with no wall jack.  There is an outlet from the gateway in the room where I want the phones.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here