W

Contributor

• 

105 Messages

Friday, August 30th, 2024 5:31 PM

this was weird....

Got a 2nd wireless 4K box,(Xi6) I also have a wired 4K box that acts as my DVR.

Unlike the other boxes I ever had, I could not get the remote (any remote, I tried like 5 different ones) to pair with this box, but somehow it was sending the 3-digit codes to all the other boxes in the house.

I happened upon a solution by trial and error, I previously had used ethernet connection on my initial wireless box to make sure i had the best possible signal strength, when I removed the ethernet cable from this latest box everything worked beautifully, and the wi-fi connection is strong.

Just weird that having an ethernet connection would prevent remote pairing.

wild guess is that perhaps only ONE Xi6 box can be on the Ethernet and all others have to be wireless.

Rather than asking me to DM an xfinity expert, I would like any discussion to be here in the forum so the rest of community can benefit, - so please don't copy/paste a request for me to DM

Thank  you

Official Employee

• 

993 Messages

15 days ago

Hello @westwayneguy88888 Thanks for coming to our community for help with your wireless boxes. The Xi6 is a wireless cable box that only requires the power cord and an HDMI connection to the TV. Glad to hear you've resolved your own concerns by pairing the remote while the box is connected wireless. 

I have a link that goes into more details on our wireless boxes https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/wireless-tv-box-faqs. 

Contributor

• 

105 Messages

weird that my existing Xi6 box worked great with ethernet, but this one needed to NOT be ethernet

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here