rwilliams3's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Tue, Dec 15, 2020 5:00 PM

TCL - 55" Class 6 Series LED 4K UHD Smart Roku TV Model:55R625

Anyone know how to pair Xfinity XR15 v2-UQ with this TV? I have tried all the codes I can find. No luck.

Responses

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

6 m ago

I have the same TV, well almost, I have the 55R635, but have the same problem. I have tried all the codes I could find and still cannot get the remote to work with the volume and power buttons on the remote. Been working on this for a few days and it is getting very old having to use two remotes, TV remote for power and volume, XR15 remote for all cable options.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 m ago

Look in your TCL manual toward the back. It should give remote codes to program for different cable and direct TV systems (may say Comcast instead of Xfinity, but the code works).
ComcastChe

Official Employee

• 

6.1K Messages

6 m ago

Hi @bbucalo! Thanks for posting to the Xfinity Forum informing us of your remote pairing issues. Were you able to follow the steps provided by @medelson61 to see if that helps? 

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

6 m ago

I finally found the problem, when trying the remote codes I found none of them worked. The answer was in the "line of sight" for the receiver on the TV, this one is very sensitive and ANYTHING in the path will have an effect, really wish TCL would have put the sensor on the top of the set instead of the bottom. We have the tv on a cabinet and the better half has a lot of "stuff" to display there.

One thing I did discover is the XR15 remote is RF for the cable box but used IR for the interface of the volume and power buttons on the TV, wish it was RF also.

Official Employee

• 

2.5K Messages

6 m ago

So glad you were able to get it to work, bbucalo. Thanks for letting us know!

New to the Community?

Start Here