U

Sunday, July 28th, 2024 8:40 PM

Storm surges coming through cable box and destroying TV and box

Storms are repeatedly hitting my cable box and either fry just the box or sometimes it fries the TV as well.  I have had to replace 2 TV motherboards over the past 2 years and numerous Xfinity cable boxes.  and it just happened again.  Can Xfinity put some kind of surge protector device on the cable wire coming in to the house to prevent this?  

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

2 months ago

Good afternoon @user_fopo9k, and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums, we appreciate it. I'm sorry to hear that storms are frying your equipment and can understand how frustrating this must be becoming. We take your concerns seriously and will be happy to see what we can do to help and if we can get someone out to prevent this from happening again. To get started, can you please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name along with the service address on the account? To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

We look forwad to working with you further. 

6 Messages

27 days ago

I woke up to a crazy display on my cable box   Not only was the cable box malfunctioning, my TV, which has power - has no display. 

This is the third time this happened. The first time my cable box went out we had an older TV so I assumed it might be a coincidence. 

We bought a nice Samsung TV and two days later the cable box went out and fried the TV again. Since it was a new purchase, the vendor was willing to exchange the TV which we did after the cable box was replaced.

Before we bought and hooked the THIRD tv up we had an electrician come out and check the panel for some faulty wiring. He checked all the outlets and the panel and all was okay. 

Now, months later, I wake up to another malfunctioning cable box and no TV display. I know others have had this issue. 

I have a repairman coming but in the past they refuse to consider it a possibility and have failed to take responsibility. Since I was out no real money - just inconvenience -I didn’t worry about it but now I can’t afford to replace another TV.

Fopo9k, do you anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed?

thanks

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here