U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, December 19th, 2023 12:30 PM

Closed

Static sound like cracks and pops intermittently in audio, after new box install

Just installed a new cable box on TV #2, the size of the box about 6 x 4 x 1 inches, power in at one end, ins and outs along one long edge.  The old one failed and would not permit off-on control.  This one came with a new Xfinity remote control handheld.

Successful setup with the Samsung smart TV, but the audio volume drifts uncontrollably up and down.  Not all the way up or down, just wobbly.  And the most troubling thing is the sharp static crackling and pops emitting from the speakers.  Not constant, but in and out.  All channels same, 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

9 months ago

I was not correct in my original post above.  Audio on the streaming feeds such as Max, Netflix, and Prime Video are ok and do not have this audio problem.  It is only "cable TV," i.e. any channel selected from the hundreds.  CNN, FNC, The History Channel, the local network affiliate stations.  All these go pop crackle static while volume vacillates up and down.

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

Hey, @user_b1ea0c! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums! I apologize to hear that you are having audio issues with the new cable box. Have you tried unhooking the HDMI cable from the back of the TV and cable box at the same time and left it fully unconnected from both for about a minute to see if this would correct the issue? Since it has been a few days, has the issue resolved itself?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Problem Solver

• 

847 Messages

9 months ago

I have had the same issue for years. Unfortunately, I have never found a solution. I have even moved. Built a new house with all new equipment only to experience the same thing. 

1 Message

@Tek​ This just started with us too...frankly so many "gremlins" with Xfinity. Wish we had never ever signed up. Always something. Always. Never had these issues with satellites! Also sooo much periodic loading up with movies (little cicrle endkessly going round)...audio disappears and sometimes picture does too then comes back. Again wish we'd never gone with Xfinity. Much more after one year and we are finished! Back to satellite.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

This isn't the experience we want for anyone, user_f06cky. Our Digital Care team can help. Please send a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forum's page.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here