U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, November 23rd, 2023 6:42 PM

Closed

Starz on Hulu using X1 Hulu app

Added STARZ to my Hulu subscription and it does not appear as an add on when I use the new X1 Hulu app on my TV. I have a Samsung Smart TV and when I access Hulu from the smart tv app the add-ons are there.  Don't really use the smart tv features and would definitely prefer access through the new Hulu app. Has anyone had this problem and found a fix? Thanks in advance!

1 Message

11 months ago

Exact same problem, will watch for solution.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello, @user_l7gtqh. Thanks for posting on our community forums. I'm sorry to hear you have been experiencing a similar issue. Have you tried logging out and logging back in on the X1 Hulu app? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

8 Messages

11 months ago

Same here, just re-added hulu and added starz with that black friday deal and don't see any way to log-in to my starz account like you would hulu, max or netflix. Comcast is really dropping them ball on this stuff!

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

11 months ago

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us today. Have you tried signing out and back in on the Hulu app on the X1 box?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Yes, official Xfinity employee. I have logged out and back in and still having the problem. It works on every Hulu portal except on X1 box.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

@user_ba3e66 thank you so much for confirming. Have you tried any other troubleshooting steps already regarding the issue?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

8 Messages

11 months ago

I would appear that Cocmast doesn't  support Starz other than through their own overpriced subscription! I've added Starz movies to my HULU via the app and they won't show in my stuff when I got to X1 hulu app . I made the mistake of thinking I could sign-in to starz using my subscriber info, but no, they just sign you up at 7.99 or 9.99!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

10 months ago

Same issue here. I have tried everything. This is a big issue. I should be able to choose to pay 99 cents versus 9.99 per month. The only device that has an issue is the one with the xfinity box. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello @adalasio10, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the app, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

8 Messages

Comcast is clearly  and very intentionally blocking Starz content on their version of the Hulu app. There is no two ways around it. I've added movies, shows ext to my list and the hulu originals all show but  ot a single one of the Starz programs are there. Luckily I have a chromecast so I can use the hulu app and cast it from my phone. Still absurd that Comcast does that!

Official Employee

• 

921 Messages

@user_xjwpqx How long has this issue been going on for you? Have you tried the suggestions provided on this thread? 

1 Message

10 months ago

We are having the same problem.  I have logged out 2x.  It is clearly the Hulu app on xfinity.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello, @user_n49n8l. Thanks for your comment. I'm sorry your troubleshooting attempts have not worked. Let's take a look at the account here. Could you please send our team a Direct Message with your name and service address? Our team can take a further look at this issue.

To send a Direct Message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

1 Message

10 months ago

I have the same problem when accessing hulu app through xfinity. The hub to connect to Starz only shows Power Series 1.  Only way for me is to use the internal Samsung TV app for Hulu and it shows everything for Starz. Xfinity needs to update the software for Hulu hub connection for the add-ons.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello user_6npx2i

We are always aiming to improve and evolve the services. One big thing is Hulu + Live TV isn’t available on X1. If you purchased Hulu + Live TV directly from Hulu, you can watch Hulu’s Video On Demand library, but not Live TV or your Hulu DVR recordings through the Hulu app on X1.

1 Message

10 months ago

I just wasted over an hour on the phone with a very helpful Hulu agent.  We finally learned that Xfinity  won't allow us to watch Starz via Hulu.  This is pretty [EDIT: Language] Comcast and I will need to rethink my plan with your company!  

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hello @user_y58o3i, I love those premium movie networks, so as a fellow movie buff I would be upset if I was having issues watching Starz. We certainly don't want to see you leave, so I'd love a chance to help out with your Starz/Hulu concerns. I'm limited in the support I can provide for 3rd party apps and services, but I'll do all I can. Can you please tell me a bit more of the issue you're running into? Are you getting any error messages or error codes? 

1 Message

@user_y58o3i​ Xfinity restricts Starz if you try to access it from another streaming platform.  They want you to buy Starz from them.  That should be against FCC regulations.  Consumers need to file a formal complaint with the FCC.  If that doesn’t work we all need to cancel our Xfinity service.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

I definitely appreciate your feedback, @user_9kuz80, and I will make sure this feedback is submitted. We are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience, and we appreciate you reaching out! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here