jackr1's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

34 Messages

Saturday, July 20th, 2024 7:42 PM

Sports Team series recording on three different channels

Suddenly, my series/sports team recording for the SF. Giants is now giving me two other channels, both of which I must delete every time they play. Used to have something similar where they would also automatically record the Spanish language broadcast. Somehow that seems to have stopped on its own. What is going on? The sports team option is supposed to make life easier, no?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 months ago

I'm very sorry for the inconvience this is causing you, I know how frustrating this experience is for you. Thank you so much for your time and patience, @jackr1 Is this happening on other programs as well?-Richard

Frequent Visitor

• 

34 Messages

Yes, it was happening for another baseball team, but I simply deleted the sports steam recording rather than having to deal with all the delusions. It is a note that we users cannot specifically cancel the Spanish broadcast without also canceling the English broadcast. "Cancel sports team recording" is the only option and it's maddening. Again, that seems to have discontinued itself. I still don't know why I cannot get past and future recordings on my recordings pages on my TV/Xbox where is they are all shown on that page online. Essentially, I will have to watch everything through my computer, if this persists. Mind you, the DVR page does show that I have recordings and I have scheduled recordings, they're just not listed. It does seem that every day brings a new and inexplicable wrinkle.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

825 Messages

jackr1 If you need us to look further into this, then we can see what can be done. To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a Direct Message. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

34 Messages

Well, at least the empty DVR recordings page is cleared up.  Somehow, under the "Recorded On" heading,  a new choice appeared: All Devices, and when selected both past and future recordings appeared.  I had investigated this before and the only choices were "DVR 1, media room, and unnamed devices", none of which had any effect. 

As for the duplicative recordings issues, I tried selecting "sports team recording" when I deleted the unwanted upcoming recordings, and, naturally, all future recordings of the team disappeared, so I reinstated the team recording, and all the unnecessary programs reappeared. Also, I noted for the first time that a pregame show had suddenly appeared as a part of the sports team recording, I guess.  is there really no way that we can be more selective when we create a sports team cording, no foreign language,s no post or pre-game, no channels of our opponent teams?? It's supposed to be a convenience, but it doesn't feel that way.

1 Message

2 months ago

I am experiencing the same problem. Same with the Spanish language broadcast. So, what is the fix?

Frequent Visitor

• 

34 Messages

Don't waste your time canceling the unwanted duplication in advance. I thought I was hallucinating it, but after laboriously deleting a few days' worth, they seem to have regenerated themselves back onto the scheduled recordings page. No idea why. This is going to be a real pain during the Olympics when I will need every bit of memory!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here