Barmar's profile

Gold Problem Solver

• 

15.9K Messages

Saturday, January 28th, 2023 8:06 PM

South Park

​The new season of South Park is starting next week, so I set up a series recording for new episodes only. Now when I look in my scheduled recordings, there are dozens of South Park recordings listed. Comedy Central reruns old episodes many times almost every day. Why can't X1 tell that these aren't new episodes? The only way to remove them seems to be to click on each of them individually to cancel them. If there were just one or two this wouldn't be so bad, but it's painful with so many. On the X1 box it's 2 clicks (D button followed by "Just this episode"), but it's really slow when you have to keep waiting for it to go back to the list. On the web site it's 4-5 clicks to go through each dialogue. Is there any easier way?​

Official Employee

• 

710 Messages

2 months ago

Hello, and thank you for reaching out for help with your DVR. I can help! The way you have the recording set up is to record "New Episodes" which, depending on how the episodes are labeled from the broadcast station, it may record already aired episodes. You can easily adjust this, by following the steps listed here. From the link scroll down to 

Change Recording Options for a TV Series

1. hen you choose to change a TV series, you'll see the Modify Recording pop-up box.
    • Tap Just This Episode to change the options only for this episode.
    • Tap Series Recording to change the options for all future episodes in this series.
      Xfinity Stream app: Modify Recording pop-up box.

2. If you tap Just This Episode, you'll see recording options for just the current episode.
    Xfinity Stream app: Modify Episode Recording pop-up box.

• Save: Save the recording until space is needed or for one year.
    • Start: Start recording on time or start one or two minutes early.
    • SStop recording: on time or stop two, three, five or thirty minutes late.
  3. If you tap Series Recording, you'll see recording options for all episodes in the series.
    Xfinity Stream app: Modify Series Recording pop-up box.

• Record: Record only new episodes or record new and repeat episodes.
    • Channels: Set your HD or SD channel preference.
    • Save: Save each recorded episode until space is needed or for one year.
    • Keep: Keep all recorded episodes or keep between one and five episodes.
    • Start: Start recording on time or start one or two minutes early.
    • SStop recording on time or stop two, three, five or thirty minutes late.
    • When to Record: Record only episodes that are broadcast in the timeslot for the current episode or record episodes no matter what time they're on.
  4. When you're finished, tap Update.

I would also like to share a guide Delete all Recorded Episodes

Barmar

Gold Problem Solver

• 

15.9K Messages

2 months ago

I tried doing this, but the Schedule Recording screen still shows dozens of recordings at all times of day or night.

I also tried doing this with Saturday Night Live. On Saturday nights they run an old show at 10pm and a new show at 11:30. Both still have red dots on them.

I posted about this not working last year: https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/x1/record-a-program-only-at-a-specific-time/625ddaa9ee0ef23e52625d07?commentId=62608207ff19c3627da46f73

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here