Steve1399's profile

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, February 25th, 2024 10:03 PM

Closed

Sound cuts out completely on all stations soon after power on.

Sound cuts out completely on all stations soon after power on. It only has sound for a few seconds. If I power off and back on the sound comes back until we’re done watching. It happens every single time I turn on the TV, no matter how long it’s been. If it’s off a few hours/days. It happens. If I change the input to Roku or others the sound works fine. I’ve replaced the box because of it, and changing the box didn’t fix it. Same issue.

Steve

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

7 months ago

Hello @Steve1399, thank you for visiting our Forum and for the great detail in your post, I can see why this would be something you want addressed. It's odd that when you restart the box it allows you to hear the sound again, but either way, I have your back on this. Do you have any 3rd party audio devices connected to your cable box, or is it straight to your TV? Also, what type of cable do you have connected from your cable box to the TV or audio device? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

The hdmi goes through a denon receiver. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Not sure about the cable. Their all relatively high quality cables

Official Employee

• 

533 Messages

@Steve1399 If you replaced the box, the cause may come from the cabling, the sync from the receiver to the tv, or the receiver itself. Testing other cables is a good way to narrow down the cause. As well, testing if this happens while directly connected to the tv, or to a sound bar if you have one. Just to test, and see if it's with the service or equipment. Another source to verify basically. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

3 months ago

I have the exact same problem.  I just moved into a newly built home, but also had this same issue at my previous home.  Most times when I turn the television on it works fine, then suddenly the sound goes out, but the picture is fine.  I turn the television off, back on and sound returns, then suddenly goes out, over and over again.  When I moved I bought all new televisions, had them connected by XFinity and now I have the same issue.  Given this happens no matter the type of cable used to connect, the type of television, sound bar, no sound bar, and regardless of location in my home or in the city, it has to be an xfinity issue.  

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

@user_m49b17 Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. I can understand how frustrating this is while trying to enjoy you programming. I'm happy to see how we can help. Can you tell me if you had your cable boxes upgraded or changed when you moved? Have you tried using a new HDMI cable? Have you also attempted to troubleshoot via the Xfinity app when the sound goes out?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here