U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, June 10th, 2024 8:17 PM

Sorry, we're having trouble connecting error message

My second TV box (Xi5-P) has been glitchy for several months.  The guide will freeze, DVR replays stop mid movie, pictures are pixelated, and other issues.  Each time I have to unplug the box and it resets when I plug it back in.  Today I received the "Sorry, we're having trouble connecting" picture on the TV at 7 am (screen shot below).   I can see the information on what station should be on but then the station information changes without me doing it (jumping around).  I do not get a picture or sound.  I reset the box several times throughout the day without the problem being fixed.  Do I need a new box or is there really a problem with the system somewhere.  I don't want to watch live TV via my phone and the app.  I want to see live TV on my TV.  The other TV box in another room is working just fine.  The troubleshooting tips via the Xfinity Assistant did not help at all.

I see this is a major problem considering the number of comments posted with this exact problem.

Official Employee

• 

889 Messages

3 months ago

@user_bdeebf, hello and thank you for your post! I am sorry to hear that you continue to have issues with your wireless box. I really appreciate you providing that troubleshooting information, it definitely helps narrow down some possible causes. How far away is the wireless placed from the gateway and the main box? Also, have you tried power-cycling your wireless gateway and the main box?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I followed all the steps the Xfinity Assistant gave.  The TV box is across a small room from the gateway.  I finally took the TV box to the local Xfinity store and they exchanged it for a newer model.  Took me a few minutes to set it up and the remote.  Now I can watch TV and recorded items without any glitches.

Official Employee

• 

889 Messages

@user_bdeebf I am glad you were able to get this fixed! Thank you so much for the update.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

One day after getting the new TV box, it started acting up again.  I restarted the gateway and the TV box has been working correctly since then.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Good evening @user_bdeebf, and happy Thursday, we hope you have been well since we last spoke and appreciate you reporting back to us about your new box working correctly after you restarted the gateway. To confirm, is your TV box still working properly? We want to ensure your concerns are completely resolved before we close out this thread. Please let us know and we look forward to hearing back from you! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 months ago

They did an upgrade in our are on June 10th and now cable is unwatchable. Snowy picture. 

I messaged, called and no one is helping.

They know there is a problem because I got a phone call this morning, saying they had upgraded in the area and sent a technician out this morning, but nothing improved.

I need a crefit for my list service time 2 days now and A new cable box, but no one at xfinity is helping!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here