jessicah57's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Saturday, November 21st, 2020 11:00 AM

Closed

Sonos surround no longer works with new Xfinity box and voice remote

We switched to a new X1 box and our Sonos surround speakers no longer work.  The Voice remote controls the sound bar, which is hardwired to the TV but the surround speakers do not work with the TV.  If the old box is reconnected, the surround speakers work.  If we switch to a music app such as Spotfiy, the surround speakers work ( in both cases the sound bar works, too).  Seems like this is just a setting somewhere but we can't find it.  We've also reset all Sonos devices, the speakers, the boost, etc.  The wi-fi is not having a problem.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@jessicah57 wrote:

We switched to a new X1 box and our Sonos surround speakers no longer work.  The Voice remote controls the sound bar, which is hardwired to the TV but the surround speakers do not work with the TV.  If the old box is reconnected, the surround speakers work.  If we switch to a music app such as Spotfiy, the surround speakers work ( in both cases the sound bar works, too).  Seems like this is just a setting somewhere but we can't find it.  We've also reset all Sonos devices, the speakers, the boost, etc.  The wi-fi is not having a problem.

is the set top box connected directly to the TV's HDMI1 or HDMI2 per TV owner

's manual? is ARC out from TV connected to the sound bar? is the audio menu of that set top box set to 'expert mode'?

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

4 years ago

Hi! Thanks for reaching out to Comcast for help with the sound concerns! I definitely understand the importance of having all of the speakers working. We apologize for the delayed response. Just to clarify, you are wanting the control the surround sound speakers on the TV in addition to the sound bar with the voice remote. Does this sound correct?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

This is true for me as well, but the entire audio cuts out when I change channels
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here