U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, December 26th, 2022 11:31 PM

Closed

SOLVED: Program Xfinity remote for tv and audio device

The current knowledge base for programming an Xfinity XR11 remote does not give instructions on how a remote can concurrently work for a tv and a different audio device https://theproductanalyst.com/xr11-remote-codes/.

See below comment for the solution.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

SOLVED

Here are the steps I followed to program my remote so that it controlled both my tv and my audio receiver:

1. Press and hold the SETUP button and wait until the LED light that you can find at the top of your remote control turns to green from red. Once the light changed, release the SETUP button. 

2. Press Xfinity

3. Follow the steps to "Complete pairing by entering the code above". 

4. You will then receive a message that "Your remote is paired for voice control".  Choose "OK".

5. You will receive a message "Do you want to use your remote to control your tv power and volume?".  Choose "Yes".

6. Follow the instructions on the screen to control your tv (a- Press and hold setup; b- wait for light to change from red to green; c- enter the 3 digit code).  Assuming it works, choose "All Set".  Otherwise, get your tv paired right.

7. You will then receive a message "Confirm pairing was successful.  Try using your remote to adjust the volume on your tv".  Since this isn't yet adjusting the volume on your audio receiver, choose "It doesn't work".

8. When it ask for the next code, don't use the codes supplied on the screen, which are additional TV codes.  Instead, use the code for your audio receiver!  It may be hard to find, but here is an old manual with an extensive list from that time: https://www.xfinity.com/~/media/225813e309ba4b92b7361c142fff2f7b

Once you do that, your Xfinity remote turn on both your tv and audio receiver.  Furthermore, the volume / mute buttons will control the volume on your receiver (not your tv).

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here