garyg2's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

21 Messages

Wednesday, March 20th, 2024 11:38 PM

smart resume

I really don't get what the issue is with Smart Resume on X1. It use to work so well now it forces you to watch commercials. You fast forward the yellow commercial space it stops at the end then makes you watch a commercial. You try to Fast forward again it take your back to the start of the commercial. As much moent as we pay for these services why can't you fix this issue.
Who can actually answer this question ??

Sync the DVR dioesn't correct a thing

Reboot the X1 box doesn't do a thing

Replaced the X1 box doesn't do a thing.

It reall makes one want to give up cable totally and revert to a tv antenna. We pay almost $300  month for Cable/Internet/land line. I called an inquired about giving up the land line and 65 channels. which would switch us to the middle channel plan plus the 3 premium channles we pay extra for  and keep our current internet plan. Guess what we were told but not 1 but 3 different people? Our plan cost would increase to over $300 a month.  

THis is what upsets me as stated above. We pay almost $300 and you can't even fix the issue with SMART RESUME 

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

14 days ago

I echo everything you said and this has been an issue for waaay too long. The forum is loaded with discussions  about it and all we ever hear from Xfinity  (if we hear anything at all) is that the engineers are working on it. Really? We are about ready to disable the darn thing permanently as its so annoying to deal with it. It was such a great feather but they really [Edited: "Language"].

(edited)

Contributor

• 

219 Messages

Kind of reminds me of (our mutual) months long complaining a few years ago about the loss of true slow motion and frame-by-frame advance that was never reinstated.

(edited)

Frequent Visitor

• 

21 Messages

@TerriB​  just Xfinity’s way of forcing customers to watch commercials. It’s all about the $$$$$. We pay for a service and they could care less about the customers . Just like on our plan the took TCM and moved it to a “ sports package [Edited: "Language"] does TCM have in common with sports? Not a thing but now they want us to pay for it. We were paying for it in the package we had. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

863 Messages

@TerriB Thank you for sharing your trouble with the smart resume feature, and I'm sorry that it is still causing issues. I know the frustration when you just want something to work as it should. Our engineering teams are working on it, and they are looking for examples. If you could please send us a direct message with your name and service address, I would love to gather the device and program details to send to the engineering team. 

To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3J0ir1l
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

3.8K Messages

Hey, garyg2! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums! We know how important it is for the smart resume feature is to our customers. I personally don't like to watch commercials either so I get the frustration. Having a look to see if there were any updates on the issue, no updates were mentioned or an ETA on when the issue will be resolved. If you would like us to add your information to the ticket, please click the Direct Message icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon, enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat, and provide us with your first/last name and full address so we may further assist you.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here