Tuesday, November 28th, 2023 4:59 AM

Closed

Smart resume

I’m seeing old threads about smart resume issues, but still having trouble. I’ve toggled on/off without change. Is there a fix for this? It’s been going on for months. 

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

10 months ago

@0418_jodih Thank you for letting us know what troubleshooting steps you've taken. Can you tell me a little more about what is happening with the smart resume feature so we can better assist? Is this happening on just one cable box or multiple boxes? Can you tell me if you have tried troubleshooting via the Xfinity app? 

2 Messages

It’s happening on two boxes, I’ve restarted, updated, updated modem. The smart resume loops back to the beginning of a show, occurs often on Bravo. From that initial loop back, all efforts to use fast forward loop back to 0:00 of show. 

Official Employee

• 

863 Messages

@0418_jodih Are you experiencing this issue on other networks/channels besides Bravo? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

416 Messages

All programs on all channels that offer this feature are 40 SECONDS OFF.  The SR comes out of fast-forward with 40 seconds of commercials remaining.  This is an issue for almost two years, so asking a subscriber to tell you what type of box etc, is rediculous. There are over 100 separate threads that pose this problem for over TWO YEARS.  

In addition, programs on Comcast cable channels start 40 seconds later than when they actually air.  I've watched things on my outdoor antenna, live, and the program starts on the over-the-air channel, and the Comcast feed starts 40 seconds later!  Obviously, the two issues are related.  

(edited)

Contributor

• 

288 Messages

@LeeSoFL​   Smart resume has been an issue since I have been a comcast customer, 12+ years, I hate to say.  While a great idea for some reason it can't seem to be fixed like many issues within their system.

Problem Solver

• 

847 Messages

This is an issue on the Xfinity side and has not been working in over two years. Turn it off and forget it ever existed because it does not appear they intend to fix it at this point. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here