Tek's profile

Problem Solver

• 

818 Messages

Monday, March 6th, 2023 1:46 AM

Closed

Smart Resume no longer functioning correctly...

​The last two months or so... Smart Resume on the DVR has become extremely inaccurate. It is missing commercials by a minute or more. ​

​This was one of the greatest features they ever added to Xfinity and now it is useless. ​

​On multiple channels too, CBS, FOX, NBC, Discovery, and more. ​

​Anybody else?​

​I have already exchanged boxes, rebooted, refreshed, and so forth. So please don't respond with that as a solution. If I exchange one more cable box or have one more tech visit I will set a world record. ​

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Definitely an issue, is worst on Bravo. Think there's probably a "hidden economy" where networks are paying Comcast to force the ads on us, just as so many of the streaming services are creating "ULTRA" subscription levels to gouge us for getting the truly-ad-free experience that was the "base expectation" previously.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_85e9bf​  You're 100% right about this. I dropped my TiVo to go to X1 because it would play an ad before every recorded show I wanted to watch. Guess the same "feature" is happening on the Xfinity platform now!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I'm having problems with smart resume, also. It either restarts the program before the commercials end, or doesn't even mark the commercials.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Having the same issue, started this past week. Smart resume is no where correctly in proportion to the commercials. Very frustrating!!!

Problem Solver

• 

567 Messages

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this issue, @user_d71327. This isn't the experience we want you to have with our features. I see that this is a known issue, and our development team is working on a solution currently. Please check back here for updates to the situation!

I no longer work for Comcast.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Thanks.  Problem for me too.

Problem Solver

• 

637 Messages

Of course! Rest assured, all the needed teams are involved and we are working towards resolution! We thank you for your continued time and patience! 🙂

Problem Solver

• 

818 Messages

1 year ago

This seems to be a issue for a lot of people. Smart Resume is controlled in the X1 Cloud, which means Xfinity will need to fix it on their end.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

My smrt resume is off by at least 20 seconds also.  It stops before it should.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I have this issue also, any updated information on a fix for this?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@bbaker101​ None that I've seen. And this has been going on for at least 2 months.

Problem Solver

• 

311 Messages

Hello @bbaker101 we apologize for any issues you've encountered as well with Smart Resume. Are you also encountering the "20 second" lag or encountering another issue?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

11 months ago

Have been experiencing this for at least six months. Is there any solution on the horizon at all?

Official Employee

• 

256 Messages

Hey there, @MetalCPA. I am still seeing an open ticket from our engineering team regarding a Smart Resume calibration. The workaround that should temporarily resolve the issue is to toggle Smart Resume off and back on. To do so you would need to select the Xfinity button on the remote and navigate to the Settings Menu -> Preferences -> General -> Smart Resume Off/On.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

11 months ago

Worked the first week I had the X1 platform, now I'm back to using it like a VCR. 😂

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here