ThomT1's profile

Contributor

• 

24 Messages

Tuesday, March 5th, 2024 3:00 PM

Closed

Smart Resume in the cloud

I know that we are experiencing a problem with Smart Resume not working properly and Comcast has yet to fix it. 

A few days ago, I watched a recording, that for reasons known only to Comcast, was playing from the Cloud DVR. 

Much to my surprise, Smart Resume worked properly for that program.  Now if there was an easy way to have all my recordings on the Cloud DVR.

Just thought you like to know about this.

Contributor

• 

205 Messages

2 months ago

Several months later and Smart Resume is still not working properly, unless you are watching a program recorded with the cloud DVR!!!  
When is Comcast going to fix this?????

Contributor

• 

93 Messages

@ThomT​ 

I'm thinking never, no intentions to fix something when their long term plan is.......

read my comment below

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

@ThomT Thank you for reaching out to our page so we can answer your questions about the Smart Resume feature. This is availble on eligible HD programs you recorded after January 1, 2019. We’re actively working on increasing the programs and networks Smart Resume is available on. And remember, Smart Resume isn't available on SD recordings. You can read more about it here

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

93 Messages

2 months ago

This has been mentioned before... and had me thinking" is Xfinity syncing everything to cloud based recording in anticipation of making ALL recording ONLY cloud based?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here