raycurras's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, July 17th, 2019 3:00 PM

Closed

slow remote response...

hi...two weeks ago, I have been experiencing extremely slow reponse from my control...the only solution so far is power cycling the xfinity "box", then all becomes normal again...but again the same happens at the next day...can someone help?...thanks...

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

The so called solution “SOLVED” is simply a cover-up.

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

4 years ago

Nothing personal "Ben"@comcast, but you keep stating over and over, check your cable ends, splitters, tight connections, etc etc etc...

All well and good, and the VERY FIRST THIG we all have done. And yes, we (read others) have had the Comcast Tech come out, looks at the signals, and says they're good (or he makes an

"adjustment" outside on the cable feed coming in to the home. I guess it's some type of "choking coil" or "attenuator" something like that to clean/boost the signal. (The same way they can limit you channel line up), another story.

So, all of this "Number 2" stuff is just eye rolling fodder...

I still suspect that Comcast makes more money "reallocating bandwidth" (which is my suspicion), and just putting a "Solved" badge, does not make it "Solved", just make Comcast look stoopid..

Contributor

• 

284 Messages

4 years ago

@RobertWy wrote:

@Sirjames303 wrote:
It looks like this is a problem throughout the Xfinity system and Comcast has no desire or is unwilling to recognize this as a problem. Has anyone noticed that all of the experts have zero likes but many many people have posted the same exact problem? As another user stated this has been going on for years. Come on Comcast pull your head out of your ........ and help get this issue resolved. And for heaven sake add some high DEF channels! At least make all of the movie channels HD!

Just an FYI; I have never had slow response on my four X1 boxes using both remotes.  I prefer the XR11 over the XR15, which I hardly ever use.

I have XR15 and XR5 remotes and have experienced slow downs with both units, but I have noticed that it was occurring after 4-5 PM my local time and would happen until 10-11 PM.  Now with so many people at home I am experiencing it just about any time during the day into the evening.  Given that observation I have felt all long it is  a "Load Issue" on the network and nothing more.  I know that some areas are still using copper and other areas are fiber. which might account for the difference in a given area seeing this issue.  It is my understanding that copper does not have the capacity that fiber does.  That is MHO on this issue until I see something different.

Contributor

• 

158 Messages

4 years ago

Yep !  Totally Agree ..  

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

What is your location?

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

Mine has still been good for 6 weeks since I replaced the box the 3rd time.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I see this was posted in 2019 and it is now 2020, however, I also see that no one has explained the importance of having a good HDMI connection. I had a latency issue for several weeks and finally talked to Xfinity support. I was told to check my connections, which I had already done, all looked good. The technician had me uplug my HDMI connection and plug it back in and this corrected my latency problem.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

where is the connection problem usually?  Inside the house (wireless/gateway) or from the street to the splitter?  Splitter to the room?  We have a very long run from the street box.  200+ feet.

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

3 years ago

As long as you don't move your furniture (and audio/TV gear) alot (or at all),

and you have all good, clean, tight connections inside your home, not humid like the tropics, no "katz" that like to chew on the plastic insulation of various cables, the troubles usually lie outside, from the cable networking box on the side of the home(or multi box panel for appts) where it all feeds into the building.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Now having this problem in the service area covered by Comcast of Canton Michigan.  Comes and goes, some days no issue others up to several minute delay for screen to catch up to remote commands.  As others have said, rebooting the STB solves the issue after many minutes of the box rebooting.  Very unhappy.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here