stevesiu's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, October 18th, 2020 3:00 PM

Closed

slow motion replay on X1

Wantch to watch slow motion replay of recorded football. hit pause and then fast forward arrow. Just started playing normal speed. Has slow motion been disabled on Comcast Xfinity boxes?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@stevesiu wrote:

Wantch to watch slow motion replay of recorded football. hit pause and then fast forward arrow. Just started playing normal speed. Has slow motion been disabled on Comcast Xfinity boxes?

pause then one tap on >>  is slow mo (about 1/2 speed). When i want to see a 'replay' i rewind and then record screen with iPhone then i can frame by frame scrub or play the phone recordings.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Posted answer by expert to my question of how activate slow motion video replay is to (1) hit the "pause" button and then (2) tap the "fast forward" double arrow button. All this does is turn off pause and return the video to play mode.  The slow motion feature obviously does not work on the new XG1V4 box. I have an X11 remote. I am aware it used to work on earlier Comcast cable boxes using the pause/ff buttoms , but no longer. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@stevesiu wrote:

I'm using an xg1v4. you will see the |> on the screen during the 1/2 speed (no audio). 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@CCAndrew wrote:
There is no “true” slow motion as alluded to by RustyBen

what would you call 1/2 speed then? 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

There is no “true” slow motion as alluded to by RustyBen

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

If no "true" slow motion replay than exactly what type of slow motion replay is there? All I can think of it to repeatedly quickly hit the play/pause buttom to stutter the individual frames. Is that what you are referring to?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Why use a phone if there is slow motion?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@CCAndrew wrote:
Why use a phone if there is slow motion?

frame by frame (did the foot go outside of bounds?) and jog-shuttle by 'scrubbing'

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I stand corrected as far as 1/2 speed replay goes. I was attempting to use 1/2 speed replay through my Xi6A wireless box. It wouldn't work, perhaps because of the limitations of the modem/router it must pass through to communicate with the main box. However, when I tried it on my other tv ,connected directly to the cable box, the 1/2 speed replay works. Yes, it is not true slow motion replay but better than nothing. I wish Comcast would implement true slow motion replay. Is there a technical or legal reason that prevents them from enabling this feature?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

4 years ago

Hi, stevesiu. Thanks for posting here in the community. This may be because this is not a highly demanded service at this time, however, we do appreciate you feedback and I will be sure to pass this along. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityMorgan 

That is just a crazy answer.  Anyone that likes to watch sports on TV wants to be able to watch a play in slow motion.  In Football was the ball fumbled before the runner was down, in baseball did the runner beat the throw to the plate.  I could go on and on.  While TV often gives you replays in slow motion, it doesn't always give you the best angle or maybe no replay at all.  I personally like to watch a lot of golf and watch the players swings in slow motion.  This helps me compare the pros swings with my own (which I record and play in slow motion).

My previous remote had the capability of slow motion which I think was slower then 1/2 speed.  Xfinity needs to go back to what worked in the past.

Thanks 

Official Employee

• 

87 Messages

You make a good point as to when and why one would want to use the slow motion feature, @user_b2401c! We appreciate your feedback. Although it's not an option at this time, feedback like this is what helps is make such awesome changes with our technology. For those who are interested in seeing this feature in the future, I encourage you all to use this link to share your helpful and constructive feedback as a "suggestion", so our engineers can see the high demand and why it would be beneficial to our customers. I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but I assure you this would be the BEST way to get something like this implemented. I hope this helps! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Sorry, but the slow motion feature has been widely used for decades! it's not only highly demanded but an expected feature!

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Comcast Morgan. How do you know slow motion is not highly demanded if there is no slow motion. One of the most wanted features that went away. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here