U

Saturday, February 24th, 2024 4:53 PM

Closed

Slow cable box

Our cable box is incredibly slow.  Any command we enter takes several seconds to respond.  

we have tried resetting, unplugging and other troubleshooting issues.  

do I need new hardware?  

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

7 months ago

Hello @user_qdmhxj, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the cable box, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 months ago

Slow response to button presses on our remote began happening to us around March 14th 2024. There was an alert to my phone (via Xfinity App) that SNOW would cause some service disruptions. It's been a week now, there is no snow on the ground, and we're still suffering with (sometimes) unbearably slow responses to button presses, starwars video (distorted and lost video, pixelation), and especially loss of sound for seconds at a time. Do I need to ask for service or is everyone in our neighborhood having this problem?

I've reset everything in the house, multiple times, and tried doing a "system refresh". Nothing helps. Others suggest that this is a signal quality issue. Xfinity speed test (for Internet) was awful for several days, but looks to be restored. (300 Mbps download). I've never seen this problem before.

Official Employee

• 

535 Messages

@alanh8199 It may require to have the box replaced, but we can make sure its avoided if possible. Send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here