Friday, August 20th, 2021 8:53 PM

Closed

Set up new TV

I just activated my account, and I need to set up my new TVs 

Official Employee

• 

263 Messages

3 years ago

Did you receive any equipment to install or schedule a professional install? 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

My old Sony Bravia is no longer functioning.  I bought myself a new Sony Bravia.  I need instructions on setting it up with my Xfinity account. 

[edited: removed PII/name]

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

541 Messages

Good evening, @user_56kf543, and thanks for reaching out through our Community Forums page for help with your Sony Bravia. Due to the age of the original post and the difference in context, we would advise that you create a new original post, as this thread is no longer being monitored.

Also, you may have noticed that we've edited your comment to remove Personal Identifying Information. On our public forum, your privacy and account security is highly important to us. We'll never ask for this kind of information publicly, and advise according to our Forums rules that you do not provide private information publicly.

Here are some basic steps to connecting your TV:

Connecting Your Smart TV

1. Go to your TV's network settings menu.
  2. Choose WiFi or Wireless, and wait for the device to find available networks (your TV may call these "access points").
  3. Select your WiFi network name from the list of networks (your TV may call the network name an "SSID").
    • If you don't see your network, you may need to search or type in the name.
  4. When asked, enter your WiFi password on the remote control or on-screen keyboard (your TV may call your password a "Network Key").

Note: Exact setup steps vary from TV to TV. If you need more help, see your TV's user manual.

Additional Tips for Connecting Your Smart TV
Your TV should have good reception for most music or video streaming with a wireless connection. If you can't connect your smart TV wirelessly, or if you want to stream something that requires a lot of data or is high-bandwidth (like 4K) then it's best to connect your Gateway with an Ethernet cable.

Remember to check your TV's user guide for any special troubleshooting steps or security settings.

I no longer work for Comcast

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here