U

Thursday, November 30th, 2023 11:49 PM

Closed

set top box replacement

Our XG1v4-A set top box developed terrible pixilation, stutter and skipping problems.  We had several unproductive interactions with customer service that did not produce a solution.  In our latest attempt, they told us they'd send us the newest upgraded set top box.  What was sent, however, was an old scratched up XG2v2-P that apparently is very slow and not even compatible with our 4K UHD LG OLED65B7P-U television.  Is it possible for xfinity to send us the latest set top box that is compatible with our TV?  We would greatly appreciate it!

Expert

• 

105.6K Messages

9 months ago

The concern is not "Home Security Devices And Equipment" help related. Topic moved here to the TV help section for assistance. 

5 Messages

Thank you so much! I greatly appreciate that you noticed and fixed my classification error.  Best wishes!

Official Employee

• 

780 Messages

9 months ago

@user_63hz73, you have reached the perfect team to assist you with your set top equipment related concerns. Thank you for using the Community Forums page to reach out. Our apologies for the incorrect equipment being sent over as well. Often times, the warehouse will send a different box from the one we elect to be sent over if there is not the originally intended equipment in stock. You also have the option of visiting a local store location to process a same day exchange of equipment as well. Would this option work for you? You can locate the closest store location to you here.

5 Messages

Thanks for your response.  Unfortunately, our local store location has told us several times that they have no set top equipment in stock, so no same day exchange is possible.  Therefore, that is not a viable option.  Is it possible for a warehouse to send us the correct equipment instead?  If so, we will gladly mail back all of the equipment that doesn't work.  

Thanks again!

Official Employee

• 

780 Messages

We would be more than happy to try and place the order for replacement equipment on our end @user_63hz73. Please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to begin.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

Thank you.  I have sent the direct message with relevant information as directed!

5 Messages

9 months ago

Can anyone confirm that the order for replacement equipment has been placed?  I've not heard back since sending in the request.  Thanks!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here