U

Thursday, June 13th, 2024 3:31 PM

service issues online and in home cable

I am so frustrated with Xfinity and its service. I pay over $216 mo just for cable and internet and am a Platinum. They give you the run around and never fix anything.  Has anyone had issues with their cable recordings cutting out, not recording and recording a different show  ( not network issue since I checked) 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 months ago

Hello @user_5esos3, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the recordings, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

3 months ago

I had a problem where the recordings digitized in places, looking like a kaleidoscope of colors with the audio also cutting out. I was told I would lose all my recordings from my old box, but since they were so bad anyway, I bit the bullet and traded it in for a new box that fixed the problem. The amazing thing is that my recordings were all there, and the video and audio was perfect, even on those recordings that had previously looked bad in the old box.

I am fighting a new problem now that could be another bad box but am holding off trading it in for a new one, as I need the tech who is expected on Monday to see the issue in person and can testify that I cannot tune into any channels except for just three up in the 1800s. The problem has persisted for more than a week so I would like to request some credit, but Comcast says everything looks good from their end, but it isn't. What's weird is that scheduled recordings on the channels I can't get to are showing up on my box anyway, and they look great, so my connectivity is fine, so guessing either a bad box or corrupted software in the box.  

Good luck to you.

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

Miraculously my problem has resolved itself.

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

My problem is back this morning. Please know that I didn't mean to hog your thread but at least you got a response from an official xfinity employee, and since I had experienced your issue with bad recordings I was trying to help. I know your frustration being Platinum and getting no satisfaction. I am Diamond and have had only three channels that tune in for over a week, which is not right. There is zero customer service or customer satisfaction lately.

(edited)

3 Messages

thank Varlene for your comments. I know that Xfinity employee responded and working on dealing with them. Began searching for a new provider. Got rid of mobile service from them finally too. They will eventually lose all customers due to bad customer support and also bad service.  The website always has issues and do not use the international plan they have if you travel. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to our team here @varlene. I would be happy to look into any issue with your cable box from here. Please send us a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service. 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

@user_5esos3​ Yes, thank you!!

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

3 months ago

Comcast canceled my appointment because apparently everything looks great from their end. I thought a tech would be showing up in an hour or so, and now it isn't going to happen, beyond frustrating. 

3 Messages

they do not care about the customers

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here