dffy's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sat, Nov 21, 2020 7:00 AM

SCREENSAVER

When will I be able to Disable the Annoying Screensaver?  😡 

I have always left my TV on for my pets to keep their anxiety attacks under control when they are home alone. Since the screensaver was added with no way  to disable it I have beem force to put my 2 mature dogs on meditation for anxiety. Which may I add is rather expensive. If I can't disable the screenaver soon I will be forced to change my serive to justify the cost of the prescription. Comcast you should never add a service without giving your customers the choice to use it or disable it. Forcing us to use something we don't like  is not right !!!!!! 😵😫😡😠  

Signed , A Very Unhappy Customer!!!!!

Responses

CCAndrew

Diamond Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 m ago

Screensaver has been with X1 since it rolled out 10 or so years ago, Comcast doesn’t want responsibility of having your tv have a burned in image so I doubt you’ll ever see it disabled. You could either go to legacy boxes or use a a Roku with the Xfinity Stream app

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@CCAndrew   LIVE TV does NOT have still images that sit on the screen to cause burnout!  Its makes NO sense for live TV.  I pay good money for TV and I am an adult. .... If I want my TV on all night then I should be able.  They can put a liability release on when someone chooses to disable this that says if you disable this feature and your TV or equipment burns out.  Its that simple. 

Rustyben

Expert

• 

24K Messages

6 m ago

adding.... the Harmony Hub and more expensive new models include custom time-events. you could set a timer to press for example the Xfinity button then exit restarting the timer. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

6 m ago

Shouldn't that be left up to the owner of the Television Not  Comcast.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

20 d ago

I agree....they NEED to allow us to disable this Screensaver.  NOTHING on live TV is a still picture therefore WTH do they force  this feature.  We pay good money for xfinity and I should be able to keep my TV on ALL night if I want.  I need a TV on to sleep to drown out the road noise.  This feature infuriates me and we should all keep complaining about it until they do something!!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

what doesn't make sense is that the option to turn it on or off is there but yet you still hv to pick a time period even if you hv it turned off. Absolutely ridiculous. 

New to the Community?

Start Here