U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, December 8th, 2021 3:18 PM

Closed

Screensaver photos

This  is a closed question that I don’t see an answer for?

How to obtain current and previous screensaver photographs?

I'd like to obtain selected photographs that are currently and/or have previously been displayed by my Xfinity X1 screensaver. Is this possible and, if so, how would I go about getting the photos?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

541 Messages

3 years ago

Good morning, @user_daf8d6, and thank you for reaching out with your interest in the images used on our X1 screensaver mode! I love some of those pictures myself, and would love to visit many of the places seen in them.

The pictures are licensed for our screensaver use on a limited basis, and the copyright belongs to each photographer independently. This is why the images change from time to time. Unfortunately, we do not have permission or the means to provide those images for our customers upon request for you to use. 

I appreciate your time in looking into this matter recently. Thank you so much for being a valued part of the Comcast family, and have a wonderful rest of your day! -Macey

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityMacey​ If you could add the artist's name to the credit under the location that is displayed, that would be nice! Then, people can follow those artists. Plus, it's a bit of a disservice and a little bit disrespectful to NOT include an artist's name on their displayed work, even if the license agreement doesn't require it. It's just the right thing to do.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Adding the photographers name on each photo is a great idea, @user_885b50! I will definitely forward your feedback to see what we can do to implement that in the near future.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Can you ask the photographers to share with us the photos used there are some really beautiful ones.  I am particular to the animal ones myself but also like some of the scenery ones.  I would think they would like to share the photo with your customers as it would be a benefit to their benefit as a photographer especially if they have a business people would want to see more or their work and no doubt they would get sales.

Also for the price we pay your company you could at the very least do us the favor of making the photos available to us for download we certainly pay a high price.

Thank You

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@gimom​ As a photographer myself, let me tell you that photographers license their photos to companies and organizations. The company that is licensing the photo (Comcast) has no rights to redistribute it, or 'make it available to download' because it's not theirs to begin with. Just like you can't rent out your neighbor's car to strangers just because they let you borrow it once to go to the store. You have no rights or ownership of their car because you borrowed it for a few minutes. And if you were the neighbor and found out your car was borrowed and used by a bunch of people without your permission while your neighbor profited from it, you probably wouldn't be very happy about that. I will say that I believe Comcast should include the artist's name under the location when it displays. Then people can look up the artist directly and follow them or purchase their work.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here