U

Sunday, June 9th, 2024 8:31 PM

Samsung tv not recognizing xfinity

My new Samsung tv will not recognize xfinity.  I’ve swapped out the hdmi cable and confirmed the hdmi port works with other accessories. It’s not the cord or port. Seems like a long term xfinity problem. Any solutions?

Official Employee

• 

533 Messages

3 months ago

@user_czwvmu That isn't expected, and there are no long term issues like that for our boxes. It sounds as if the box was connected to a different tv and aspect ratio. Try the fix at the bottom to reset the setting. 

• Press Exit > Exit > Exit > 720 on your Xfinity remote.
    • This should bring the picture back by setting the resolution to 720.
  • You can then change to a different resolution by pressing the xfinity button on your remote and selecting the gear icon (Settings) > Device Settings > Video Display and choosing the resolution you want.

2 Messages

@XfinityBenny​ this is not the issue - has nothing to do with screen resolution.  The Samsumg TV - does not recognize the Xfinity box/signal.  In looking back through community questions - this appears to be issue for some time (a couple years).  

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_czwvmu You are right this is still and issue. Samsung TVs are not compatible with the Xfinity Stream app. Unfortunately, these models cannot support newer web browsers, and the latest version of the Xfinity Stream app does not work as intended on outdated browsers. As a result, Samsung TVs will not recognize the Xfinity Stream app. To continue enjoying the Xfinity Stream app, we recommend using alternate options such as Roku, Amazon Fire TV, or Chromecast. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding. Thank you for being a valued Xfinity customer.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here