U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Monday, July 26th, 2021 4:34 PM

Closed

Samsung TV not recognizing Xfinity box

I have a Samsung Smart TV bought beginning of 2020.  I had hooked it up to Xfinity wireless box Xi6A, and it worked fine.  

However, now all of the sudden I can not get the TV to play cable channels.  I have no problem playing Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc…BUT, it does not recognize the cable box in the HDMI 1.  I tried to move to HDMI 2 and still same problem. 

I have done a hard reset, unplugged everything and then the cable worked…. But as soon as we turned it off and tried again, same problem….not recognizing the HDMI 1 and allowing us to watch cable.

Any thoughts/suggestions?  Thank you!!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Has there been a fix released about this? I have a new Samsung TV and we got a new cable box and the cable box loses power and takes approximately 15 mins to turn on again. This has happened about 10 times already and I set up my new box around 3pm today. Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey @user_453d09, thank you for reaching out to us on our forums. Is the box actually powering off or just not showing on the TV? If it is powering off, then there is probably a power issue. Testing the box on a new outlet would be the first step I'd try. The original post is probably a different issue as it seems related to the HDMI pass off and not power. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

Last night I posted a new question with 3 Xi6 problems, one of them similar to this thread.  I was looking forward to an Xfinity tech jumping in and giving me a solution to my 3 issues but after reading this thread, I won't hold my breath.

I found a workaround for the one similar to this one and if it can help anyone else, here it is:

My problem: if I turn the TV off, after a few hours when I turn it on, I get NO SOUND and NO PICTURE.  When I say "no picture", I mean no programming picture (no live TV); if I press the Xfinity button I do get the menu on the blank black background and interestingly, I discovered that if I use the menu to play a recorded program, both picture and sound appear for the recorded program then when I EXIT the playback of the recorded program, the live TV now has picture and sound.

Does this work for anyone else?

Problem Solver

• 

492 Messages

@user_5d01a2​ Did you happen to read my post at the end of page 1 on this thread? Are you using the Samsung remote to power on your TV?

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Thanks for pointing your post out.  I just read it.  I am using the Samsung remote to power the TV.  I'll try your fix this evening.  Thanks.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@DreamSayerZ Thanks again for your post.  I (kinda) tried it.  It partially worked to address my issue (I get PICTURE after several hours off but still no SOUND but getting SOUND has a much easier workaround so I am much better off using your suggestion and no longer have to play a recording to get PICTURE so Thank You!).  I have an Xi6 cable box connected to a SONY STR-DH590 receiver connected to a Samsung QN65Q60RAFXZA 4K TV. Whereas before last night my remote was only paired with the cable box and the receiver, I added the TV and now I get PICTURE but no SOUND after being off for several hours.  As a workaround, to get sound I have to switch inputs on my receiver e.g., to my DVD then back to the input with the Xi6 and voila, SOUND.  Really not a big deal. I'll fool around with the HDMI-CEC settings on all 3 devices to see if it makes a difference, presumably they should all be ON but I'll check.  As a bonus, by adding the TV to the remote, my ARC feature now works from TV to receiver so I can watch those movies offered by Samsung and hear them via the receiver speakers in 5.2 channel surround sound rather than having to turn up the TV speakers.  Also I'll look over your second paragraph again because I didn't do any of that, just basically added the TV to the remote so this is an interim report.

Problem Solver

• 

492 Messages

@user_5d01a2​ Glad to hear you sort of have it working! :-) I can see why the sound would still be an issue through the DVD. Do you only have the 3 devices Xi6, sound system and the DVD? If so, what I would do is connect everything directly to the TV HDMI ports. Xi6 on HDMI 1, DVD HDMI 2, and Sound on HDMI 3. Run the steps in my post to Setup TV again. Everything should work properly including the sound and you'll be golden!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Samsung TV no longer connects as Anynet+. Per the comments in this thread I've tried multiple HDMI cables, powering Xfinity box off, resetting Xfinity box completely, using a HDMI cable that works correctly with Roku. Nothing has worked. The Roku works flawlessly with the TV. The only thing I can do at this time is go to a HDMI source on my Samsung. The Anynet+ is no longer recognized. Is this an Xfinity box issue? I've had the box for 4 years. Now my Samsung TV no longer recognizes the Xfinity box as a Anynet+ device. It is no longer available even after I have rerun the 'Setup'.

Problem Solver

• 

492 Messages

@user_b520ba​ Have you made any changes to your TV settings or perhaps your cable TV box during all this troubleshooting? If your TV is is not connecting to Anynet+, that is a TV setting. Did you change an HDMI setting in the cable box?

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

We are having the same issue with our Samsung Frame TV.  We checked HDMI ports and cords, rebooted, etc.  We have literally done everything. We have a Switch connected with no issues so this is 1000% an Xfinity issue.  Judging by the responses and age of this thread, no one at Xfinity is working on an actual

fix at this point.  

Problem Solver

• 

492 Messages

@user_e68ab5​ What devices are connected to the HDMI ports on your TV? Have any settings changed on the cable box or TV for HDMI? Added any new devices to the TV or rearranged HDMI devices? Did the firmware get updated? Something changed for this problem to appear. Have to narrow it down.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

We only have a Switch and our Xfinity box connected.  It is 10000% an issue with the Xfinity box.  We’ve tested the HDMI ports as well as the cords and nothing else has an issue connecting.  Judging by the number of responses here, it’s an Xfinity issue and their SW/HW engineering teams need to push out an actual fix.   

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

Thank you for reaching out to our community on our Xfinity Community Forum! Our team works around the clock here to solve customer issues and we would love to help you. I'm sorry to learn about the issues with your Samsung TV not working with your cable box. What type of cable box do you have?

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

We've been having the same problem starting about 6 months ago. After a power outage the TV would display pictures just fine but ZERO sound. We replaced the cable box and had the same problems. Through some magic of powering on and off and swapping cables and ports it started working. Then the problem happened again within a few days. We replaced the cable box once again. In troublshooting I noticed that if you go to the xfinity button, devices, video, there is an icon that shows what kind of TV the xfinity box sees. If it says Samsung TV everything works, when it says unrecognized you either get perfect picture and NO sound, or a 640x480 size picture with sound. We were told that our TV was old and the ports were bad. We bought a new TV a month ago. Brand new samsung. It worked fine for a month. My wife shut the TV off to go to bed. I came back in and turned it on again, NO sound, same problem all over again. Resetting the xfinity box by unplugging power, or using the Xfinity my account app on iphone to restart the box fixes it most of the time. THERE IS A PROBLEM with the Xfinify boxes.

Problem Solver

• 

577 Messages

@user_gpw630 Hello and thank you for reaching out over our Xfinity community forums. I would be more than happy to assist you in getting to the bottom of these service and equipment issues once and for all. To do so, I would like to try some additional troubleshooting steps together, if possible, to get these issues resolved. To get started, please reply in a private message with your first and last name and service address following the steps below.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

i have an older samsung smart tv and i had comcast listed as one of the available sources. i added a roku stream bar and roku was listed as one of the available sources. i was just using the xfinity voice remote and the roku remote separately and decided i wanted to try to use the samsung remote as a universal remote. after going through the samsung setup process for the voice remote, comcast and roku sources were no longer available. now, the hdmi 1 source allows me to view comcast and the hdmi 3 for the roku. the samsung remote did recognize the sony blu-ray dvd player on the hdmi 2 source. i have a request in for samsung tech support on 3/10/22 and will provide update.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having the same issues with a new Samsung Smart TV I purchased in January of this year. The Xfinity box cuts off and on periodically during the day and will not cut back on unless I unplug and replug it. It takes a while to reconnect. I went to Xfinity and got a new box. The problem I am having now is that even though I scanned channels using the Air and cable settings it gives a message saying Antenna not found. I also can only get the HDMI cord to fit in The HDMI 1 port. The other port will not fit the cord properly. I cannot pair my xfinity remote. There are also some issues with the Samsung remote. I have looked at videos and used other resources provided by Xfinity with no success. This is the first time I have had such difficulties setting up a TV. At one point it said to check my cable connections even though they were all tight. I even changed out cables to see if that was the problem. I am at my wits end. As I can see from this forum I am not the only one having these issues. HELP!!!

New Problem Solver

• 

452 Messages

We want you to be able to fully enjoy your new television with your services and we're here to help!

We will be glad to take a look at this in more detail. To get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging. From there, go ahead and compose a new message to "Xfinity Support" and send us a message with your name and address. 

To send a direct message [private message]:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon

or https://comca.st/3KUoa9T

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  • - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  • - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Same here in all details

Problem Solver

• 

492 Messages

Hey there @user_d4ddda, thanks for reaching out to us! I'll be happy to help! Is your cable box having issues on every TV or just one in particular? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here