U

Monday, July 22nd, 2024 2:31 AM

Roku TV not getting signal from X1 cable box

I recently bought a Roku Class Select Series TV and hooked up the X1 cable box to the TV's HDMI port.  When I turn on the TV, it gives this message: "Xfinity X1, no signal (is it on?).  I can unhook the HDMI cable from the back of the TV and plug it back in, and then it will usually come on.  If the TV is off at any time, it will not recognize the cable box.  Help!

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

2 months ago

Good evening @user_zpgztw, and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums with your cable box issues. We appreciate your time and hope you are otherwise having a wonderful week. We're happy to troubleshoot your TV X1 box connection issues further and appreciate you providing us with the error message you are receiving. May I ask if you have tried any troubleshooting steps yet? For example, have you tried resetting your cable box? You can try resetting your cable box by following the instructions listed here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-reboot-my-set-top-box.

May I also ask if you are experiencing any connection issues on any other devices or just the Roku TV? 

2 Messages

I tried resetting the cable box and plugging in a new cable box today, but it still did not work.  All other devices have worked.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Are you able to plug the cable box into a different TV and then disable HDMI-CEC on your cable box @user_zpgztw? To disable this feature please follow these steps:

• Click the "Xfinity" button
• Go to "Settings"
• "Device Settings"
• "Power Preferences"
• Scroll down to HDMI Device Control (HDMI-CEC)
• Change "On" to "Off"

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here