U

Sunday, December 3rd, 2023 1:52 PM

Closed

Restart Option/watch Now

Not sure why but these options no longer appear.  Someone on this forum shared you can watch now by going through info.  However I still don’t see restart option.

Official Employee

• 

2.5K Messages

9 months ago

@user_mk3vm1 Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. I can definitely understand the frustration if you aren't able to see those options. Can you provide me some tv shows/movies that you are not seeing that with? Keep in mind, not every program will have the restart/watch now feature available.

1 Message

I have the same issue.  In the past month, the Restart and Watch Now functions for all my premium channels no longer appear under Info.  There have been numerous threads on Xfinity forums regarding this issue.  An Xfinity employee replied to one individual 4 days ago and indicated that the functions should now appear if the Xfinity box is restarted.  I tried that and the functions are still not appearing.  Other Xfinity personnel responses to other individuals state that it is the Networks (ie. HBO Max, Showtime, etc.) who control these functions. This is very frustrating - we pay a lot for this service and are not getting any consistent answers or resolution.

2 Messages

Just as stated above!  No watch now available without going through info on premium channels and no restart on premium channels.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thank you very much for the confirmation @user_mk3vm1. The information I have found is that the networks that provide the content have the configuration set up without those options. Most of the time, I have noticed that the movie/show will be available in the On Demand library, essentially allowing you to start the show there. If you see a continued watching after pressing the info button, that show will allow you to access the content and restart from the beginning right away.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_i9m2nx Hi there, we're fully aware of the issue and working to fix this up. Appreciate your patience while it gets worked. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here