Rousing Reactor
Expressive Exchange
Conversation Starter

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

Wed, Apr 8, 2020 6:00 PM

Resolution to RDK-03004 error and 1PST displayed on just installed x1 box

I thought this was funny after I finally figured it out.  I couldn't get X1 box to connect.  Message is to tighten cables and restart.  Everything I found about this error is that it was a poor signal and there were likely too many splitters.  This didn't make sense since I had my own cable tuner that worked perfectly with the same signal.  I finally resolved the issue by removing the filter marked TNB6-40P5/13 from when I had attibi (before Comcast took it over in my area) installed.  Has anyone else encountered this issue?  I'm sure a tech would have seen that and removed it right away. 

1 Attachment

Responses

Rustyben

Expert

• 

24K Messages

1 y ago

@TomS_77 wrote:

I thought this was funny after I finally figured it out.  I couldn't get X1 box to connect.  Message is to tighten cables and restart.  Everything I found about this error is that it was a poor signal and there were likely too many splitters.  This didn't make sense since I had my own cable tuner that worked perfectly with the same signal.  I finally resolved the issue by removing the filter marked TNB6-40P5/13 from when I had attibi (before Comcast took it over in my area) installed.  Has anyone else encountered this issue?  I'm sure a tech would have seen that and removed it right away. 

good job. obviously not part of an xfinity installation.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here