U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, December 9th, 2021 5:29 PM

Closed

Reset Flex with XR16 Remote

I am unable to find any information online and calling support has not been helpful. 

I’d like to do a factory reset on a Flex box with an XR16 remote. 

As you can see from this Xfinity page, the XR16 remote does not have number buttons:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-to-know-xr11-remote

How are they (and the rest of us who arrived at this thread looking for the same answer) supposed to follow your instructions?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @user_0947b1! Thanks for starting a new post with your concerns. I'm sorry we haven't provided the help you've requested sooner, and would love to assist in any way that I can :)
To do a factory reset on the XR16 remote follow these steps:
  1. Hold down Info (i button) + Home (house button) for three seconds until the LED flashes.
  2. Press Power, Last (left arrow button) and Volume Down (- button) in order.

Please let me know if this helps!

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

How do you press the power button without it turning off?

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

I'm truly sorry for the confusion! The above directions were to factory reset the remote itself. Please follow these directions to factory reset the Flex box:

• 1. Ensure the device is currently powered on
  • 2. Press the ‘POWER’ and ‘MENU’ buttons on your remote at the same time
  • 3. Press BOTH the UP and DOWN arrow buttons on your remote, then Select ‘Restore Defaults’ option
  • 4. Press ‘OK’ – this should cycle the equipment to perform a factory reset
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

The XR16 remote doesn't have a 'MENU' button. Did you mean 'POWER' and one of the other buttons?

[https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-to-know-xr11-remote lists the buttons on the XR16]

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

Yes, please use the POWER button and other buttons in the process. Let us know if you have any issues or questions going forward. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityAmir​ thanks but which other button(s)? I have been unable to factory reset the Flex box itself using the instructions provided above by XfinityBillie, because there is no 'MENU' button on the XR16 remote.

Official Employee

• 

937 Messages

I'm sorry that we have missed the mark on this one @user_00db63

I also am not able to find specific steps for resetting the flex box with the XR16 remote. I am still looking and reaching out for help to see if this is an option with this remote. 

In the meantime, I can see about sending a reset signal from here or there may be another option for us depending on the need for the reset. Are you having an issue with the services or connections to the Flex box? 

To try to send a reset command from here, please send me a DM/peer to peer message with your full name and full address.

To send a "Peer to peer" message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I followed the multiple instructions given to factory reset my xfinitu fr16 remote now it will not turn my tv off or do anything can you please post the correct factory reset instructions for fr16 flex remote please

Problem Solver

• 

606 Messages

I'm sorry that you are still having issues. To perform a factory reset on the XR16 remote:

1. Simultaneously press and hold the Info (i) button and the Home button (house icon) until the status light on the remote blinks. This takes about 5 seconds.
  2. Press Power, then Last (<- arrow), then Volume Down (-) on your remote in sequence to complete a factory reset. Once this is complete, you can retry pairing your XR16 Flex remote.

Now that the factory reset of your remote has been completed you will need to reset up your remote this can be completed by doing the following. Press and hold the Voice (Microphone) button and say “Remote settings.” Choose “Voice remote pairing.” Follow the instructions on the TV to select your TV and audio devices.

You can find the complete set up instruction and walkthrough at https://comca.st/3sM4dus

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have taken all pf the necessary steps to reset my remote as well as my box. The remote still will not pair to my tv. Does the xr16 not pair with Sanyo?

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Thanks for trying out the troubleshooting steps, @user_5234e4. I know that is frustrating when the remote doesn't work. I do not see any Sanyo restrictions on the remote control so it should work. I would like to look further into this so you can use your service.

Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

It feels like there is a flaw in the design here. I’m having the same problem. Different TV same remote. Why would you design a remote without numbers on it. And why would you make resetting and resyncing your box and remote such a chore. Feels like a fail. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Welcome to our community forum, @allowishiss! You've come to the perfect place to get help with your Flex box. What issues are you running into? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I'm having issues with my remote and flex. I can't control my TV using the factory remote it started happening as soon as I paired the XR16 remote. And if I didn't want the flex device anymore how do I get my Information off the device before returning it if I can't perform a reset? my original tv remote won't even work on the TV anymore nor does the XR16 remote, I've reset the remote 6 times and nothing, It reset on the other Insignia TV I have but not the one I need it too.

I actually went out and bought a new TV because NO REMOTE WORKS WITH IT ANYMORE not even a universal remote ,its crazy, I wish I never plugged flex device in.

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_8647b5 This is definitley an odd issue. To confirm, you said that your TV remote stopped working after you plugged in the flex box, correct? May I ask what the model of your TV is that is having the issue? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

My remote hasn't been working effectively since about a day after I got the flex. I've tried repairing, factory reset and repairing, and I just can't get the remote to control anything on the flex box. Is it possible for me to get a replacement flex box and remote to be sent?

Problem Solver

• 

770 Messages

Hello, and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We never want you to have this experience. We can help with any of your Xifnity needs right here. Yes you can swap equipment at anytime. Here is our store locator, or you can send me a Private Message, and I can help.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here