twask's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Thu, Nov 26, 2020 3:00 AM

Re-register tv service daily. X1Gv4

I understand there is a device reboot daily for software updates. However, the first time I turn on my tv everyday I have to go thru the setup process (select language, verify phone number, set up remote, etc). It works fine all day long and the. The next morning I have to do the setup again. 

This only stated when I changed my box to the 4K model from the older X1G.  

Responses

Accepted Solution

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

7 m ago

>>>>> RESOLVED<<<<<<

went to the Comcast office and the agent noticed in my account that the main box was not listed first in order of equipment on prem. He thought this might have something to do with the daily updates and system registration. He fixed the order of equipment and I took a new box as well. It was one of these two items that fixed the issue and I do believe it was the equipment list order. He said that after daily system reboot it looks for the main box to re-establish account registration. Since the main box was listed 3rd (remote box, router, main box) it was failing on registration.  

>>>>>>>>>>

Rustyben

Expert

• 

24K Messages

7 m ago

@twask wrote:

I understand there is a device reboot daily for software updates. However, the first time I turn on my tv everyday I have to go thru the setup process (select language, verify phone number, set up remote, etc). It works fine all day long and the. The next morning I have to do the setup again. 

This only stated when I changed my box to the 4K model from the older X1G.  

I would try swapping out the set top box

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

7 m ago

Might be the next step. I literally picked it up at the Comcast office, it was all sealed/wrapped and installed it that day.  Maybe bad from the manufacturer?

New to the Community?

Start Here