U

Monday, February 26th, 2024 3:24 PM

Closed

Renter issues with Comcast on a smart TV

My older renter is having trouble with our Comcast service, but I cannot tell if it is user error because the tv is too smart. If we hook up an older not smart tv will the current boxes display a more simple guide as in the past?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

7 months ago

Not certain just what you mean. If a cable box is being used, it should make no difference what type of TV. Maybe they used to either have the older iGuide cable box, or a basic DTA, and the new box is X1.

4 Messages

@Andyross​ It is a newer cable box.  The issue I think is that to get to comcast and the channels that he has to navigate the menu screen of the smart tv and can't just turn it on and use the guide.

Expert

• 

192 Messages

@user_umh4ug It sounds like your renter is accessing the Xfinity Stream app via their smart TV instead of the cable box. To access the cable box vs. the Xfinity Stream app loaded on the TV, the TV input will need to be changed. Without knowing what TV they have or how they connected the TV to the cable box, it is likely best to use the "Input" button on the television remote (not Xfinity remote) to get it to that correct input. 

I hope this helps. 

(edited)

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

4 Messages

7 months ago

A comcast tech went to the the house and I asked if he could fully disable the streaming part of it.  Does it have to be connected differently to the tv to just have the cable box?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

7 months ago

You cannot disable streaming on an X1 box. Can you get information on just what model cable box it is? It should be on a label on the bottom. That may make it easier to figure out just how it is to be used. The box would typically connect to the TV through an HDMI connection, and the TV set to that input. Given all the various Smart TV interfaces, that may not always be easy to figure out.

4 Messages

It is an X1 box.  I set him up to talk to Comcast directly as he has had many issues but I don't know how to simplify it for him.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_umh4ug, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. If your renter still needs assistance, you can send them our way. We would be happy to assist them. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here