U

Thursday, March 21st, 2024 1:36 PM

Closed

remote not skipping 30 seconds

After an overnite maintenance restart my remote won't skip 30 seconds anymore. I tried to re-enable (exit-exit-exit-0030) that didn't work. I then tried to re-enable the 5 minute skip (exit-exit-exit-0050)then re-enabled the 30 second skip. still doesn't work. The voice skip works (mic-"skip forward XX seconds/minutes") !  But the PG up or PG down will only skip 5 minutes. What needs to be done?

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

6 months ago

Did you try rebooting the box? When I had a cable box, it would do that sometimes. A simple restart would fix it.

2 Messages

Bingo Bongo Bango. Done! Thanks!

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_Ray  

Awesome, I'm glad the reboot help to fix the TV remote issues. When I find myself having similar issues I will unplug the  power cable from the back of the cable box for 30 seconds, this help with software updates.

This link https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/tv-troubleshoot-xfinity-app has great troubleshooting information how to perform troubleshooting for your TV service via our awesome Xfinity app

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

637 Messages

6 months ago

When you tried to reset the box without rebooting it, were you trying to do it in a recorded program?

Because it won't reset that way. You have to exit the recording and then do the reset to 5 minutes and then to

30 seconds-  A lot easier than having to wait 4 minutes for a reboot of the box.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here