M

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, November 27th, 2023 6:22 PM

Closed

remote does not light up with movement

When I replace batteries on my XR15 remote, the remote backlighting does not come on when I move it.  It only comes on when I touch a key.  Same thing happened last year but after I asked about it on Community, it started to work..  I received a new XR15 from Xfinity last Friday but I am unable to get it to work with my X1 4K DVR box.  Tried two new XR15s and neither works.  How do I fix the problem?

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

8 months ago

I was able to get the new Remote set up with help from Xfinity (Troy).  Helps knowing about the Xfinity and info button to reset the remote.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@mmm999 Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Forum. We are very glad to see that you were able to get assistance with your XR15 remote. If you have any other issues, we would recommend visiting this link (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/programming-your-xfinity-remote) for some helpful information. We can also assist in any way we can with this or any other issues you might have. Have a great rest of your day!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here