U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, June 29th, 2023 9:35 PM

Closed

Remote box stuck on voice guidance prompt during setup

I just received new equipment to swap, but while trying to setup secondary box model XG2v2-P, the box starts up, ask what room it’s in, optimize video & sound, then stay in a voice guidance loop. I have tried everything I can think of to fix this. DO NOT TELL ME TO FOLLOW THE PROCEDURES FOR HOW TO DEACTIVATE VOICE GUIDANCE AS THE BOX IS NOT EVEN SETUP YET. I’ve also tried leaving it unplugged for 12 hours & that hasn’t worked either. Please help ASAP as I have a sick wife that needs to watch TV in this room.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

1 year ago

Hello @user_798cf, thanks for reaching out for help with your equipment. If you still need assistance with activating the box, our team is here to help! To get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging and send us a message with your full name and full address.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "direct messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Please let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems. 

New Poster

• 

24 Messages

@XfinityRyanE​ Like this is going to do any good. You guys should really check your s*** out and test them before putting them out to customers. These kinds of stupid loops and failure to set up after following the directions is just give us one more reason to quit Xfinity and go Direct TV. Absolutely. for $190 a month, the s*** should work the first time. I don't care about "gold" status, how about getting the equipment to initialize proper????

New Poster

• 

24 Messages

1 year ago

Exactly. There should be a way to override this step all together by some key combination on the remote.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here