hevy's profile

Contributor

• 

85 Messages

Sunday, December 17th, 2023 5:41 PM

Closed

Recording on one and not the other.

To start, I have tons of room on both DVR and streaming. Last night I recorded a show and was watching it on the DVR, didn't finish it. So later on I tried to watch it on my phone, the recording was gone. Now I tired to watch it on my pc, again gone. I check the DVR, and there it is. Why?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

9 months ago

@hevy Thanks for reaching out, and I'm sorry for the trouble with the missing recording. You are with the right team for help! It sounds like the recording did not sync yet which is why it is not showing when accessing the program from the Xfinity Stream website and app. On your X1 Tv box remote if you hit the Xfinity Button and use the right arrow to get the gear icon to access the settings. You can then use the down arrow to scroll down to Device settings. In device settings at the very bottom, you will see the option to Sync your DVR. When you hit okay on this option you will get the option to Sync DVR Now. This will update your recording library for you on the Xfinity Stream app. Can you try this please and let me know if the program is showing available to stream? 

1 Message

When I watch a show on dvr on one tv it isn’t in same spot on other tvs. How can this be with one x1 dvr?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us user_pygcg1! Do you have more than one DVR in your household? Having multiple DVRs can expand your storage and also increase the number of shows being watched and/or recorded at the same time. Although, the multi-room function can have issues if your DVR recording is watched from one DVR and then the same show is watched on a different DVR/box linked to the other DVR. 

Are you able to fast forward to get back to where you previously were on the show?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here