Blee926's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Thursday, January 24th, 2019 2:00 PM

Closed

Recording on DVR are skipping

Hello,

In the last few days all of my DVR recordings will not play back without several skips in the programs. I can not watch any of the recorded shows without interruptions. I’ve unplugged, turned off, restarted, ect. Nothing seems to be fixing it. Please help!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I am also having the same issue. It’s driving me NUTS! All my recordings are messed up. Please fix this ASAP!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I am having the same issue. Starting today I have been getting choppy playback. This happens on DVR and remote recievers in the house and in the Xfinity stream app.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Same here as well.
Reset and unplugged several times, issue remains. All recordings AFTER TUESDAY are not watchable including instant recordings.

There has to be a nightly update that messed up the DVR function of all these x1 boxes at the same time.

Comcast, please inform and correct, at $200+ /month ....this is not acceptable!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Same here in Pittsburgh all recordings from Tuesday on are choppy with little to no playback. Have reset everything 3x with no resolution.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I’m in NH and also experiencing the DVR-only choppy playback. Seems to be specific to recordings since 1/22 - I have an episode of a show from a week ago that plays fine, but today’s episode (same network) is so choppy it’s unwatchable. Wondering if there was some kind of server-side upgrade earlier this week that’s at play. Reboot/reset did nothing, version timestamp shows December.

STB Version: AX013AN_3.2p10s1_PROD_sey

Contributor

• 

41 Messages

5 years ago

Yep, problem just surfaced here on our X1. Rcorded programs fail to play, or else they stop, skip, and blur. Please fix this, Comcast!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Same issue here. Tonight's Big Brother is terribly choppy.

We can't all have bad DVRs and the storm issues are a few days ago.

What's the deal Comcast?!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Same thing "three dots then error" is now happening for me as well.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Has anyone called Comcast? I’m
Having the same issue but the thought of being on hold with them for an hour is almost worse than the choppy playback

Contributor

• 

94 Messages

5 years ago

Update: Now I can’t play anything I have recorded. I get the three dots and a message the program can’t be played but we have a free version of the program you can watch which starts the On Demand version of the program. Huh? And with On Demand I lose smart resume and in most cases the ability to fast forward.  Something is definately wrong somewhere.

Any Comcast people have any ideas?

oh good grief! Now On Demand is doing the same thing! Error then let’s use free version and now a blank screen and the On Demand program just closes. Done!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Ok mine started doing this tonight. There’s a little cloud symbol right before the DVR on the time stamp. The playback is either choppy or I get an error message saying that recording is not available. What up Comcast? It can’t be everybody’s boxes all at once.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Yes, this is a widespread issue.  Also here in Massachusetts.  What the heck are you doing to resolve this issue, Comcast?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Same exact issue here in the North Metro of Minneapolis, MN.  All recordings, even those from tonight, are very choppy, stop and go, stop and go.  Regular TV appears unaffected.  My internet is working fine with DL speed +240 Mbs, UL speed of +15 Mps   This is NOT a hardrive issue either!  I’ve restarted EVERY X1 box in the house, twice, and in the proper order.  Still the same issue.  Did you guys push a firmware update to these DVR devices this week?   The issue seems systemic accross the US based on the above dialogs.   Please figure this out.  Service is almost $300/mo.  Would be nice to actually get my money’s worth.  Still on hold with them as well....guessing a few others are calling in the issue.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Same issue here in Newton, MA. All boxes the same. Choppy playback but live and on demand are fine. Sometimes the lag is so long it times out altogether. 

STB Version: AX013AN_3.2p10s1_PROD_sey

This might be the last straw for me.  The loss of the ability to use app to record shows drove me to start the process to moving to Verizon. Already changed my email provider so nothing tethering me to comcast now. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Same here...in Indiana!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here