Blee926's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Thu, Jan 24, 2019 2:00 PM

Recording on DVR are skipping

Hello,

In the last few days all of my DVR recordings will not play back without several skips in the programs. I can not watch any of the recorded shows without interruptions. I’ve unplugged, turned off, restarted, ect. Nothing seems to be fixing it. Please help!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

I have not ben able to play several broadcast recordings on thr X1 DVR. Have been taken to  OnDemand  instead for the episode with no fast forward availability. Did the System Refresh twice and git nothing. Anyone else have this issue?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

When will DVR recordings be fixed?  Why are they being replaced by On Demand recordings?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

i am having the same cloud dvr issues, agian. this happened a few days ago now its back. when will cocmcast acknoledge and fix this problem?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

A couple days ago, like some of the posts here, I started to getting a message that my DVR is experiencing issues with playback and redirected me to OnDemand.  Like most people that record shows, I like to fastforward through the commercials.  As everyone knows this option is not available with OnDemand.  

So I called Xfinity support asking if they could help me troubleshoot the problem or exchange my DVR.  They told me that they were aware of the problem and there was no timeline for a fix.  

I felt it was more of a brush-off than a helpful fix.  Has anyone else gotten a different answer from Xfinity?

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 y ago

Perhaps the poster is referring to an “outage” because Comcast support is telling customers that the problem is caused by an outage.  You ought to bite your tongue rather than someone else’s head off when you have no idea what you’re sounding off about.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

My recordings are not playing back and switching to “on demand” versions which do not allow the fast forward function. Please advise...

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

I recently noticed that DVR will not play back any show that is also on demand.  Comcast is basically forcing you to watch commercials.  If they don't switch this back, I plan on cancelling the service. It appears to be a scam where they make more money if you watch the shows that have commercials. For me the whole point of recording it is so I can skip over them.  It saves quite a bit of time!!!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

i went to the onine chat and the tech sent a refresh signal to my set top box. it seemed to have worked, for now...

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

Starting last week my DVR started giving error messages when we tried to watch the playback I watch shows just fine. My wife goes to watch the same shows and then it says there have been an error and she can't watch them we pay two hundred bucks a month we have a DVR so we don't have to bother what commercials if we don't want to what's going on
Rustyben

Expert

• 

24.1K Messages

3 y ago

@gpyro wrote:

I recently noticed that DVR will not play back any show that is also on demand.  Comcast is basically forcing you to watch commercials.  If they don't switch this back, I plan on cancelling the service. It appears to be a scam where they make more money if you watch the shows that have commercials. For me the whole point of recording it is so I can skip over them.  It saves quite a bit of time!!!

because of the outage not scheduling a home recording and the cloud version of the recording in some areas being corrupted playback presented the program requested via on-demand. nothing has changed. when the recording works in the home then you won't be sent to on-demand.

lacquer

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

3 y ago

My situation is a bit different, the recordings which show on my DVR are not pulling from the cloud (where they are actually stored according to Comcast).  Even after the phone call saying everything had been fixed when I went to my DVR program it showed the blue circle and an error message saying my program was not found and redirected me to CBS which won't let me fast forward through the commercials.  The Comcast tier 2 technician says my box is somehow at fault so I have a techician coming out Tuesday.  We'll see.  For now I'm watching the old programs from before the issue started last Thursday.  And they credited me $20.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

3 y ago

I’m still having this issue. Has been happening since Friday. All recordings freeze and then jump to On Demand where I can’t fast forward!!!
lacquer

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

3 y ago

I recommend calling them.  They might send out a technician.  I'll post after the technician comes on Tuesday morning.....  Good luck!

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

3 y ago

Noticed some of our older recordings that the payback is pausing and skipping throughout. Annoying!!
PredPilot

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

For some reason all my recently recorded shows are automatically switching to the On demand version instead of my recorded DVR version. The message I get is " There was a problem playing back this dvr recording but we found a free version to watch in On Demand".

I have a dvr for a reason. I don't want to be forced to watch On Demand and be restricted from skipping the ads. My dvr is 63% full and I only ever watch from my tv. I don't stream from any other devices. This is really frustrating considering I pay $245 a month.

New to the Community?

Start Here