agentLXXXVI's profile

Contributor

• 

41 Messages

Sunday, August 18th, 2024 3:17 PM

Record only English sports broadcasts?

I'm a soccer fan and have my X1 set to record the English Premiership games, which are frequently (always?) broadcast on an english language channel and (separately) on a spanish language channel. Currently, both the english- and spanish-language shows are recorded. I do not want this, and would like to have just the english-language broadcast recorded. But, I don't want to have to set up a recording for each and every game; just have the X1 box record the games for the team. How do I accomplish this and eliminate spanish-language games being recorded?

Contributor

• 

41 Messages

2 months ago

Anyone from Xfinity care to chime in?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello @agentLXXXVI, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media. 

If you're using Xfinity and want to ensure that only the English-language broadcast of a program is recorded, follow these steps:

1. Access Your Xfinity DVR Settings:

• Press the Xfinity button on your remote control.
    • Navigate to Saved or My DVR.
  2. Find the Program:

• Locate the show or movie you want to record.
  3. Check Language Options:

• Select the program and choose the option for Record or Record Series.
    • Look for settings related to language or audio. Xfinity’s interface may differ, so you might need to dig into advanced settings.
  4. Set Preferred Audio Language:

• If available, set the preferred audio language to English. This ensures that when the program is recorded, it defaults to the English audio track.
  5. Save Your Settings:

• Confirm and save your settings.

If you don't see an option to select the audio language directly, Xfinity generally records the default language of the broadcast. In most cases, if you set the recording option correctly and the default language of the channel is English, it should record in English.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

41 Messages

Thank you for your assistance. Can these steps be applied when using Xfinity stream via the web (i.e., https://www.xfinity.com/stream/)?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Great question! To make sure only the English-language broadcast of a program is recorded using Xfinity Stream: 

1. Launch the Xfinity Stream app on your device or access it through a web browser.

2. Use the search function to find the program you want to record.

3. Before scheduling a recording, check if the program has multiple language options. This information might be listed in the program details or description.

4. Select the program and choose the option to record it. When you schedule the recording, look for any settings or options related to language preferences.

5. If available, select the English language option for the recording. 

Keep in mind that availability of language options and settings might vary based on the content and the features offered by Xfinity Stream.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

41 Messages

Thanks. Your answers work for individual games on specific channels, but that wasn't what I was trying to solve. My question focuses on team recordings. Is there an option -- I couldn't find one -- that allows the user to specify a language (English, Spanish, etc) when saving a _TEAM RECORDING? Restating: I have selected several teams to record, and Xfinity dutifully records all channels and languages, with options of the definition of the recording, whether I wish to record only new events or other, etc, but nothing about excluding spanish language recordings? At present, I delete ca. 50% of the soccer games because they're spanish broadcasts. If Xfinity currently doesn't allow the user the choice of channel to record based on language, I suggest it is an option worth including in future updates of the streaming software.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

agentLXXXVI, That is excellent feedback. I will pass that along! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here