Barmar's profile

Gold Problem Solver

• 

15.9K Messages

Monday, April 18th, 2022 9:39 PM

Closed

Record a program only at a specific time

In Boston, the program "Greater Boston" is aired every night on WGBH at 7pm, and is rerun on WORLD at 11:30pm and WGBH at 12:30. When I set up a series recording, it records all 3 of them every night. I don't need all these duplicates, and every day I have to delete the extra recordings.

For some reason, the initial broadcast isn't labeled "new", so I can't solve this by setting "New episodes only".

On the Xfinity Stream website I can select the 7pm broadcast and go into "Modify Series Recording", and there's a "When to Record" option where I can choose between "All times and "This time only". I set "This time only" but it doesn't seem to have any effect. This option doesn't even appear in the on-screen guide or the mobile app.

I can prevent the WORLD recordings by setting the channel to "WGBHD Only", but it still records the late night rerun on that channel.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Problem Solver

• 

571 Messages

2 years ago

Hello, @Barmar Thank you for posting your concern here on our Community Forum, and being very detailed with your issues. When you are setting your recording for "Greater Boston" are you setting it directly from the WGBH channel (from the channel guide), or searching for "Greater Boston" and selecting record? 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

15.9K Messages

@XfinityAlisha​ I do it from the channel guide.

Administrator

• 

653 Messages

In the screenshot provided, it looks like 'New and Repeat Episodes' is selected--have you changed that to 'New Episodes' only previously?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

15.9K Messages

If I set it to "New Episodes" it won't record anything, because none of the episodes are listed as new. I explained that in the question.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here