U

Thursday, September 14th, 2023 6:23 AM

Closed

rdk-03036 error

Hello everybody,

I changed out cable boxes and now getting the dreaded error rdk-03036…… I have about 25 hours on the phone and talked to everyone that works there it seems like and can’t get this issue resolved. …… they want to send a tech out for $100+……. I can take my dvr out of the bedroom and hook it up where the little box goes that they sent me and everything works…… I can take the little box back to the bedroom and hook it up and it don’t work……can anybody explain to me why that is happening…….I let me back up a little bit…… the reason I had to switch the box out is because it done the same thing and would pick up the signal……so they sent me another box…… now, I can just run the main cable to the little box and it won’t work and my dvr does…… can anyone tell me why, or have you had the same thing happen……., if you did how did you fix it??…….. thanks in advance for any and all replies……note* using a hdmi cable…….

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 year ago

Hello, @user_72d780. Thank you for making us aware you're having issues with this new cable box via Forums. You're definitely in the right place to getting this taken cared of.

So we don't go over something you've already done, can you please share with me what you've done other than swapping out the cable boxes from one room to another? Have you by any chance attempted to replace the coax cable and/or HDMI cord?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

I'm having the same issue.

I had an old TV adapter and it worked (poor quality - old box) - so I know that the cable location in my house it ok

The new TV adapter gives a RDK-03036 code. 

I checked all connections - did not fix it

I swapped coax cables (twice) - did not fix it

I swapped hdmi cables (twice) - did not fix it

I swapped locations of the hdmi cable (other devices work in the locations) - did not fix it

I moved the box to the basement location and it worked 

How did my connection go bad when all I did was install a new TV adapter within an hour of it working on an old TV adapter?

I checked the cable for resistance - no resistance - did not fix it.

WHERE / WHAT DO I DO NOW? 

Official Employee

• 

737 Messages

@teamsweeney Hello, I am happy to be of assistance. Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here