U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, May 14th, 2021 4:52 AM

Closed

RCA RTU6549 65” TV will not pair with XR15 remote

I have tried every single RCA tv code and nothing seems to be working to sync the xfinity remote with this model RCA TV. The guide and channel buttons work but the volume and Power button does not. Has anybody figured out a solution with this tv. I was on the phone with customer service for an hour and nothing seemed to work. Starting to think it’s just not possible for this remote to sync with this particular model RCA tv. I wrote RCA and still waiting for a response back. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated. I really would like one remote to control this television. Could a universal remote be a possible solution that’s not xfinity branded? 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @user_bc16d6. Thank you for creating a post describing your current situation with your remote. I understand you've been trying various codes, and you haven't found an option that provides complete control of each remote function. I can see how this would be frustrating, but we are here to help. Can I please have the model of your RCA TV, and the model of Xfinity remote you currently own?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

The model number of the TV is RTU6549. The xfinity remote is XR-15. The tv is RCA. Thank you

Problem Solver

• 

409 Messages

Thank you for confirming those details for us; really appreciate it! I have attached a link below, which includes some troubleshooting steps, in reference to the trouble you've been experiencing, when trying to pair this remote. Please let me know if this was helpful, and please know that our Digital Care Team of corporate experts are here, every step of the way!

Remote Control Buttons Don't Work - Troubleshooting

https://comca.st/3ubuYr1

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here